“Downhill fast”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 9 June 2024

Unfortunately now one of the worst airlines. Always delayed and no empathy or concern. It's a mess !! Last three flights have been a major problem. Time for a change.

Date of travel: April 2024

Reviewed 9 June 2024

We were only supposed to fly United from Colorado springs to Denver but our international flights were all cancelled. United helped us rebook our entire flight to Germany and made sure we had seats together on their flights. After always hearing so many negative comments about airlines I never would have expected to be so pleased with the service and the extra effort United put forth to help us make our trip happen.

Date of travel: May 2024
Reviewed 8 June 2024

Our flight from Little Rock was delayed, and I understand that there are sometimes delays, which caused our connection in Denver to be missed. Here is the problem. The United crew at the airport in Little Rock were NOT helpful, actually, they were rude and unhelpful. They just said for us to solve our problem in Denver or call an 800 number (which was also no help and gave us wrong info they said there was no other flights leaving Denver for Honolulu that day. May 30, 2024. So, after our delay we flew to Denver. Of course we missed our connecting flight at Denver and were directed to go to Customer Service. The customer service line was really long and only one person was working there, seriously overwhelmed. Then, some guy showed up handing out cards and said take a picture of the link to get service. Of course that didn't work. Finally my wife found a person just standing around at a gate and she told her our situation. That person ask us why we just didn't reschedule for the Honolulu flight that was leaving in about an hour and a half. And was able to get us on that flight. That person who was just standing around at that gate seemed to be the only one in Little Rock and Denver that knew what to do. Why didn't the people in Little Rock and on the 800 number know about the other same day flight to Honolulu and the so called customer service card given us at denver was worthless. You people need to improve your handling of delays. By the way, our return flight from Honolulu was on Delta and also had a delay that caused missed connections. They handled it professionally with automatic rescheduling of our flights and we had no problems. I will avoid flying with United in the future.

Date of travel: May 2024
Reviewed 8 June 2024

My recent trip with United Airlines was an exercise in frustration. The flight from San Jose was delayed multiple times, leaving more than ten of us with a mere 5 minutes to sprint across the Denver airport for our connecting flight, as recommended by the pilot and flight staff when we landed. Despite reaching the gate just after they closed the door, boarding was denied with a complete lack of empathy from the staff.

Customer service arrived and was equally disappointing. Terril Harris, the supervisor, offered no help beyond a QR code to a faceless agent who then rejected any form of compensation to cover the overnight hotel costs and dinner since there were no more flights heading to our final destination.

Requests to speak to a higher manager were met with stonewalling on three occasions - from Terril H. who smugly told me to leave, from the live agent, and from the front check-in desk. The only solution offered was a complaint form and a free snack on the next flight, as if I'm ever flying with them again.

United Airlines failed to deliver on even the most basic standards of customer service. Their lack of contingency plans for delays and their dismissive attitude towards stranded passengers are unacceptable.

Date of travel: June 2024
Reviewed 8 June 2024

First of all I flew over on Lufthansa and realized too late that I was flying back on United. I requested a Gluten-Free meal and for my main meal I got a tiny bowl of salad while those around me got a sizeable salad with feta cheese and tomatoes. When I complained the attendant said "well you ordered it" in a very snooty tone. The so called GF bread was horrible, completely inedibile. No excuse for that as Germany has excellent GF bread. The main course was good but not enough. The last meal was absolutely vile. It was 3 slices of eggplant (good) some green stuff rolled and a lukewarm slice of tomato. I ate the green stuff because I was hungry. No protein in this meal. No idea what the greens were as it was tasteless. Perhaps I was given a vegan meal. I have flown with Aer Lingus numerous times, Lufthansa twice and always got good food on business class. Nobody on United seemed to know what the needs of a gluten-free person is. Won't be flying with United again and won't recommend them. I expected better service on business class.

Date of travel: June 2024
    • Check-in and boarding
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.