“Budget Airline with a Capital B”
Review of Vueling Airlines

Reviewed 13 December 2017

Flew with this budget airline out to Florence.

Seat space is tiny even for economy. If you are anything but small you will not have a lot of room. Also notice the plane was not even cleaned before we got on, dirty tissues on the floor and crumbs on the seat opposite me.

We were towards the very back of the airplane and on the way out the meal service did not even get tree quarters way down the plane before they ran out of time (2hr plus flight) and thus we never got any refreshments. The toilets ate back of the plane were broken from the start and were out of action, which meant you could only use the ones in the front. However as the flight attendants took the whole flight to come down the plane it meant we could not get passed them and use them.

On the return flight to London from Florence, we were towards the head of the queue to check in and 45 mins passed check in time no one had turned up to check the passengers in. Finally one guy turns up and tells us we were not flying from Florence because of bad weather, instead they were bussing us to Bologna (1hr 10 mins away) and flying out later (3.5 hrs later). This then turned into chaos where the lines went out of the window to try and check the bags, even though they then gave them back to us and told us to take them with us to the other airport.

We then had to wait for nearly two hours before the busses were ready and no one knew what was going on, and whether to get food or stay in the lobby and listen to the tannoy. Finally bussed tired to Bologna, and again another chaos situation where everyone was trying to go through departures before turned away and told to go and queue up for the second time to check our bags in (although we had already done this in Florence) - this should have been a simple bag drop.

I can understand that weather can cause chaos to the airlines and can understand bumping us to a bigger airport - however the total lack of communication to their customers. We ended up nearly 4hrs later rushing through our second airport with no chance of of getting any food.

Poor, poor poor customer service - would not use this Airline again in hurry.

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (10,694)

Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

My flight from Paris to Prague was cancelled - it wouldn’t be such an issue, because it happens from time to time.
BUT... The airline didn’t even say the reason why the flight got cancelled. The only thing they told us was that we should stand in the line and ask for more information at the Vueling encounter. There were only two people solving this issue! Some of the people had to go to the other airport and fly to Barcelona (including me), some of them had to sleep over in Paris and fly either to Rome or Vienna. It was disorganized and people who don’t have the experience with this kind of situation were literally lost. I easily looked up the app and checked what flight I was given - but the other people had no clue there was this option. Plus, some people missed their flight to Barcelona because they spent too much time in the line for the encounter.
The next day I finally got to Prague after 28 hours later it was originally scheduled. I got the hotel in Barcelona, meals, and compensation for the cancelled flight (250€). The crew and employees barely speak English and they’re SO confused! They’re not capable of answering simple questions like ‘where can I get the meal voucher?’. This was my first and also last time flying with the low cost airline.

Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

Vueling treats you like a bunch of animals. I was on a flight from BCN to AMS which had first been delayed and then diverted to Düsseldorf because of heavy snowfall in Amsterdam. I understand Vueling can’t help this so I am not blaming them for the diversion. However upon arrival they let us stay in the airplane for more then 4 hours without letting us know what was going to happen. It was hot, and cramped, and i started feeling very bad. This airline is totally not recommendable.... poor poor airline.

1  Thank ole198957
Reviewed 11 December 2017

Taking an economy flight is always a bit of a gamble and sometimes it is a mistake. NOT THIS TIME. The flight was on time, the boarding process was seamless, the seats were so comfortable I fell asleep as we took off and there was plenty of leg room. I did not eat on the flight as it wasn't very long but the staff were friendly and polite. I would highly recommend. I will be using them again

Reviewed 11 December 2017

Cheap and comfortable
staff perfect in Amsterdam Shipol Airport
They dont care about you bag size in cabin even the weigh

• Food and Beverage