“Tight Connections”
Review of WestJet

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Direct flights from Winnipeg to Liberia are not available so we had a connection in Toronto. Going there everything was smooth. Coming home we had 40 minutes to clear customs, pick up and check our bags through security. When clearing customs through Toronto Pearson passengers are required to clear customs using a kiosk directly at the airport. It took us 30 minutes to get through the line to connect at a kiosk to complete the customs forms. We had to get our luggage and run to the Westjet kiosk and the attendant there called someone to delay the plane to we could board (we had to clear security yet). Westjet staff went out of their way to make sure we made it on our flight. Kudos for Westjet....thumbs down for TorontoPearsons change in process.

Write a ReviewReviews (8,104)

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We recently returned from a trip made more memorable by challenging air travel. Mechanical issue delays, an aborted takeoff attempt and lost luggage on one airline used up the five hours between our planned arrival in Vancouver and later departure to Lihue, Kauai on WestJet.

The WestJet ticket agent who helped us in the Vancouver airport was exceptional. She arranged for us to fly 24 hours later on the next available flight to Kauai, with no extra charge. She was even able to refund gifted money spent on upgraded seats, of which there were none on the next flight.

When it was time to leave Kauai a few days later, we were unable to reach the airport in Lihue due to a mudslide closing the only highway. WestJet again stepped up and arranged for us to fly out the next day on their only flight back to Vancouver. And again, no extra fee was charged for this outstanding customer service.

Due to the delay, we missed a connecting flight on another airline from Vancouver to Comox for the next leg of our trip. Unfortunately the other airline wanted an extra $350 to move us to the same flight 24 hours later. Needless to say, we made other travel arrangements. The difference in customer service is startling - empathy and making sure things work compared to indifference.

We cannot say enough good things about WestJet and how well we were treated. Thank you WestJet for providing ‘above and beyond’ customer care!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We try to fly with Westjet everywhere we go. Always friendly staff and always make you feel like your at home. Also the convenience of there non stop flights. Thanks Westjet and keep up the good work.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

All Greatwith WestJet. Best Airline in Canada or serving Canada. Hopefully they will continue to offer great service as we don't have many options in Canada. Please don't follow the american airline service models,,,all money for no service or interest in customers.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Wow! This was the most memorable flight ever. About an hour into the flight I started feeling queasy with an upset stomach. After a few trips to the bathroom, the flight attendant, Jordan, asked if I was okay. I told her I wasn't sure; I felt fine when I left home. After gently questioning my medical history, she contacted the ground crew for medical help for me. I think I spent more time in the bathroom than in my seat and never once did the crew make me feel embarassed or act put out. Jordan gently informed me that there would be an ambulance on the tarmac and after deplaning the other passengers, I was taken care of. Although, I felt a bit weak, they sent me on my way but I ended up in a fantastic hospital in San Jose del Cabo a few days later. Westjet's crews really do care and will do whatever it takes to help you. Oh, and by the way, never fear Mexican Healthcare in Los Cabos. I've never had more attentive doctors and nurses.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)