“Will never book with west jet again”
Review of WestJet

Reviewed 1 June 2022

You guys sent my boyfriends luggage to Smithers BC instead of Vancouver where he has to spend the night, because Smithers is his final destination. So now he has no change of clothes and no phone charger as it was all in his suitcase. I’ve never had my luggage fly all the way to Mexico when I’ve had a layover in Edmonton or Calgary even though Mexico is my final destination. IT MAKES ZERO SENSE! We will never book with you guys or even recommend westjet with any friends or family! And to try and get ahold of customer service is even more painful.

Date of travel: June 2022
1  Thank U8151NBchelseaf
Write a reviewReviews (16,438)

Reviewed 1 June 2022

As a 30+ year traveler, have been scheduled on West Jet two times in my entire career. One was many years ago I said “never again” and the second time being booked was today. Ended up on an Air Canada flight because of how messed up the West Jet system is. Rude people, disorganized systems and being generally hapless seems to be in their DNA.

One more time…NEVER AGAIN. I’d rather walk/bike/drive/ride the train/hitchhike. Good riddance - hope the best for you.

1  Thank V548ZKala
Reviewed 31 May 2022

So I've always had really good experience with WestJet, and would always recommend them to others.
However yesterday (may 29) I was on a flight from Ottawa to Winnipeg and was treated very disrespectfully by a flight attendant named Stephanie.
We boarded our plane and there was leftover garbage from previous passengers that was not cleaned up. I asked Stephanie kindly if they could clean it up as I wanted access to my pockets for my things, she told me abuptly "I can't right now, I will later". That's acceptable as we were getting ready to take off and get situated, I accepted her answer and looked back down at my phone to put it on flight mode. Then I hear her say in an annoying and accusatory tone "I don't appreciate you rolling your eyes at me", I was dumbfounded... Like what!? I gave no response to what she told me, especially not rolling my eyes. "I told her I wasn't rolling my eyes and she walked away acting like she didn't accept my answer... Like WHAT!
That is not how you treat someone! I don't care if you are having a bad day, you don't say that sort of stuff to people. I've worked years in customer service and that kind of behavior is how you lose buisness... Even if someone DID roll their eyes at you ignore it!
I want to add I've never experienced such lazy staff on a WestJet flight... And they never even came by to collect our garbage at the end of the flight either.
My message to flight attendants... If you don't like people and can't keep your trap shut with insults to passengers go get a job somewhere else that doesn't involve the public.
I feel so insulted with this accusation.

1  Thank lenat47
Reviewed 31 May 2022

Lost bags, admitting short on baggage crew, and 'built in' errors in our claim numbers to make the process inconvenient so they can avoid bag claim incidentals. No customer service availability. Since this company was acquired by Onex, they have been cutting costs and staff, and it is showing throughout. It is a true LOW COST airline and not what it was before. Avoid at all costs. Value your time, convenience and pick another airline. You will be disappointed sooner rather than later. We will never fly WestJet again, if we do, we will not check a bag whatsoever.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 31 May 2022

Flight was changed in midair without notifying us until we were at the gate to board.. ended up costing me time and money… plane was able to fit us the boarding agent told us but since they changed the boarding the boarding agent couldn’t do anything for us and sent us to another wing of the Calgary airport to “resolve” the issue only to be told to pretty much to “piss off”… no compensation for our time or the money it cost me to pay for another day of parking and another day at the kennel for my dogs.. Horrible experience and will never fly with them again… tired of hearing the “COVID” excuse… extremely unacceptable and totally unaccountable… screw you Westjet!

Date of travel: May 2022
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.