“Never Again”
Review of WestJet

Had the unfortunate experience of flying ( eventually) with WestJet,
Flight was cancelled at Las Vegas which meant we missed our connection at Toronto to Glasgow.
Absolutely no communication from WestJet whatsoever informing us that the flight was cancelled .
We then had to travel to Nova Scotia to catch a flight to Glasgow.
We were given 15 dollars in food vouchers and a voucher for a stay in a hotel. We were in the hotel for three hours as we had to catch our connection, barely time for a clean up.
We were in Nova Scotia airport for 14 hours waiting on our flight to Glasgow.

I tried to claim delay compensation but WestJet said the delay was down to a health and safety issue but their ground staff told us it was due to staff shortages.
WestJet have confirmed to me by email that no compensation will be paid and my case is completely closed and they will not have any more contact with me.
Our delay was nearly 27 hours, absolutely shocking state of affairs.

Needless to say I won’t be using WestJet again, shoddy treatment of their passengers seems to be the norm.

2  Thank jimsV4935JO
Write a reviewReviews (16,438)

Reviewed 3 July 2022

Many of us appreciate the current travel frustrations faced by everyone, but customers always come first. Traveling from the UK through Canada to get to Hawaii was anything but smooth. Filling out the bewildering number of online travel forms just to pass through Canada was an experience in itself. To be then blamed by Westjet employees at Gatwick for not following procedures is unacceptable. Having checked in online we were then blamed for holding up the line for failing to check in again at the counter. Is there any other airline that requires this superfluous requirement? Not may I imagine. Being scolded as a customer for failing to conform to an act of what appears to be brazen stupidity is galling. Westjet's flight crew also weren't exactly an example of civility and professionalism. There was at times a tension you could cut with a knife between travelers and flight staff. Management needs to keep a handle on this.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 3 July 2022

The airplanes are a joke, for transatlantic flight it was small aircraft that rattled there and back for 8 hours! I’m about 210 pounds and had zero room the food was awful, if you have a family go air Canada never again will I travel with the cheapest airline ever

Date of travel: July 2022
Reviewed 2 July 2022

WestJet is usually a good airline with friendly people and a good experience, but my god I had 4 fights cancelled and then my last one delayed, because of this I almost missed a very important family event. Now I don’t blame the staff but waiting 5 hours in a airport just to be told the flight is rescheduled for the next day is unbelievable. Despite this I have had good experiences and it usually isn’t like that experience, I would recommend WestJet but be mindful and if you feel that your flight is delayed by to long you might as well cancel because it’s likely there going to cancel the flight for you.

Date of travel: July 2022
Reviewed 2 July 2022

Bags lost for 9 days, phones unanswered despite three hours on hold, Facebook and Twitter messages unanswered, receipts not paid for emergency replacements. They do not give a toss about customers and the cabin staff on our flight back were both rude and lazy. Terrible, unresponsive airline. Absolutely ruined a special holiday - thanks for nothing.

Date of travel: June 2022
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.