“Painful and confusing”
Review of WestJet

Reviewed 5 April 2024

I came home from PHX on March 26 at 1015 PM. I needed a wheel chair which was requested by the stewardess. It took a long time for one to appear. There were finally 3 young girls come . they talked none stop in a language I never heard. I could not understand them and they could not understand me! They were so slow because busy talking' I know I could have crawled quicker! Then I was asked if I was being picked up. Then it was 'he give me tip, which I ignored, so she repeated the statement. Then she said 'you give me tip?'. Of course there was no tip and I know they are not allowed to ask for tips. I am very angry and upset with Westjet. They were asked to have a wheelchair which wasn't there and then the language barrier is most disturbing. Olga Nelson

Date of travel: March 2024

Reviewed 5 April 2024

I've had flights cancelled several times, some due to weather other times told it was weather but then my flight went out and they just over booked. They NEVER comp you for rooms or anything else so when you do get bumped, and you will, all the expenses will be out of pocket.

I travel frequently for work (2-3 times per month) for film production. West Jet used to be great but now is comparable to Flair or the other budget airlines. Their customer service is "Policy over reason". I am fed up with them at this point, if you push me to the next day after keeping me at the airport for 8 hours don't tell me you won't comp a hotel because you legally don't have to due to weather. Its a cop-out. Atleast have the courtesy to treat customers like customers.

Baggage, amenities, experience and aircraft quality are equal to a budget airline at a premium price. Go with AirCanada if you want to pay for a better flight or save some $$ and fly Flair, just as reliable and caring as West Jet for half the cost.

On top of all this, Air Canada/Star Alliance member program is way better. They have more flights, partners and opportunities to get upgrades, lounge access and acquire points. I've spent over $20K on domestic flights in the past 6 months with West Jet and barely cracked West Jets first tier. I will be going back exclusively to Air Canada.

Reviewed 5 April 2024

I phoned to extend my flight and I wasn't allowed. I was literally trying to pay money and she said it's not possible unless I book an entirely new flight or was a different class, which at that point was just disrespectful (in terms of the policy, not the attendant, she was wonderful). I also tried to access the lounge at Fort Lauderdale before going home. Delta said that the agreement with West Jet is that only premium members can get in. If I was flying Delta that day, any class could go in at a cost depending on which class I was. I was willing to pay just like almost every other lounge in multiple international airports that I've been to, but because I was flying Westjet, only premium was allowed so I wasn't allowed in to work. I also tried to access a lounge at YYZ on my way to Fort Lauderdale, but they said they didn't have one which I thought was odd at one of the most popular airports in Canada. I am literally trying to give them money and they refuse it. It doesn't seem logical to turn down money for upgrades to existing services because the more the client enjoys the experience, the more often they come back. My experience this time was "policy before customer satisfaction" for West Jet. I haven't flown west jet in years but I thought I would try again. I am deeply disappointed. Plane was fine, in person and on the phone customer service representatives were respectful and polite, but not a great overall business model in terms of policies in my opinion.

Reviewed 5 April 2024

Direct flight from Cabo to Victoria was fantastic. Tyler was one of the funniest flight attendants we have had on Westjet, he should take his show on the road! So nice having the direct flight, 4.5 hrs from wheels up to landing in Victoria. Will be on this flight again! Westjet only flies this route once weekly, and our plane was sold out so book early!

Date of travel: March 2024
Reviewed 4 April 2024

Dont book with them, they change, cancel, leave you inside the plane for hours for no reason with no water or food. Customer service is horrible, I have been on hold for 2 hours.

• Check-in and boarding
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.