“Extremely disappointed with Westjet service.”
Review of WestJet

Reviewed 15 April 2024

I am extremely disappointed with the level of service of Westjet in Calgary Airport. They charged me for my luggage although I have a frequent flyer program with Delta, purchased tickets with Delta AE card, and was not supposed to pay for bags. The manager, Rebecca, was visibly angry and impolite. Instead of de-escalating the situation, she immediately started to escalate it. She was on an obvious power trip. She threatened me immediately by removing me from the flight. It was a clear act of retaliation in response to my complaint regarding the application and the charges for both bags. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Date of travel: February 2024

Reviewed 15 April 2024

Terrible service all around. Slow check in. Took off late. Arrived late. Violates their own carry on luggage rules. Just a bunch of monkeys.

Date of travel: April 2024
2  Thank Zuc J
Reviewed 14 April 2024

Late yet again. It seems that every time I take a WESTJET flight to or from Toronto - it's always late. April 11 / 24 from Orlando to Toronto - this time delayed 3 hours!! I had a connector in Toronto and had to run like a maniac to catch it. I have decided that this is not the stress I need in my life. I will see what other airlines may be more reliable.

Date of travel: April 2024
1  Thank L A S
Reviewed 13 April 2024

4 hour delay due to staff scheduling issue. no reimbursement even though by law the reason isn’t out of WestJet’s control and are required to reimburse 3-6 hour delays at $400 a ticket.
They will do all the can to deny you compensation and write their report that it was out of their control when the airport staff even said to our flight it was a staffing issue.

Date of travel: March 2024
2  Thank Brooke S
Reviewed 12 April 2024

WORST TRAVEL EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE!! Our flight was many hours delayed going to the Dominican Republic. But when we left there 7 days later, we received the news that our flight was completely cancelled only a few hours prior to taking off. WestJet then was only offering us to fly into completely different cities than where we needed to go on the following day or day after. So we either took that terrible deal, or had to book one way tickets home at our own expense. We were unable to even speak to someone at WestJet, and when we finally got someone on the phone they were ZERO help. We have had to put in all claims for very little compensation they were offering back for the extra night hotel stay and all other costs because of this and have not heard a word back in weeks about any money back!!

Date of travel: March 2024
1  Thank Shawna W
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.