“Beating its competitors hollow on the Brussels route”
Review of Wizz Air

Reviewed 26 September 2017

Some years ago, it was hard to compare this low-cost airline with its grown-up competitors. Not anymore. At least on some key routes, Wizz Air is clobbering its competitors.
For a trip to Brussels, especially if it's a short stay, Wizz Air is the choice. At half or even a quarter of the price you pay some of its air transporters on this route, Wizz Air is all simple and casual. You are told about that and it works. They were punctual (in fact, they had an average of ten-minute delay at departure, but sped up and landed on time).
You know you have to pay for the food and, in fact, the no-fancy sandwich purchased on the Wizz Air plane is totally ok, much better than the stale pizzas and brackish sandwiches they shamelessly sell on the Charleroi airport; and you pay a fair price for it in the plane, like you're in next-door fast-food in your neighbourhood.
Definitely it's worth the 30 euros or something you pay for a flight with them (one way). Even with the cost of the train from Brussels to the Charleroi airport (somewhere at around 16 euros), Wizz Air is a better option than the fancy pancy Brussels Airlines where you are charged hundreds of euros just because they land you one-hour closer.
Now: the proximity and quality of the airport is a problem. To reach Charleroi from Brussels is not really a problem. You get lots of trains taking it you to the Charleroi South train station. From there, you have to take a bus for another 20-min ride.
Distance might not be a problem if you don't mind one hour or so from Brussels. But Charleroi airport is a rundown hangar. You get in through some literally big, white tents and once you pass the security, you have basically not much choice to spend your time. Make sure you bring a good book because there is not much to do here. The few eateries seem to be competing in offering unappetising food. The toilets are disgraceful.
If competitors beat Wizz Air in price, the Charleroi airport might be the killer of this route for Wizz or other low-cost players. Until then though, it remains the option for many types of visitors to Brussels.

Wizz air:
A very good booking procedure, can log in with a user name, easily join their club and get some discount for the flight. Also for a little extra cost pay for paying able to change or cancel the flight only 15 Euros. Good reminders about the check in. Prices for luggage cheaper than most low cost airline.
Medium nice / quality / friendliness of the stewardess. They were on time. Overall good value for money as an airline.
Have flown with like 8 airlines this year, well above average and give them like 8,5 out of 10 as a grade.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

We've been flying to & from Bucharest on Wizzair for over 5 years, (usually Luton but also Doncaster), at least 6 trips each year. And we've never had a problem.

Having read some of the negative reviews I suspect that most of it is due not reading things properly and/or not understanding (maybe a language problem?).

We've also recommended Wizzair to several friends, and they've been very happy with Wizzair too.

I accept that some people might have had problems - delays etc - but it's unrealistic to expect flights to go 100% smoothly every time.

The one criticism I would go along with is complaints about Wizzair's customer services and how difficult (and expensive) is it to actually speak to somebody. We've had need to contact them a couple of times and, although it got resolved both times, it was a nightmare. You select "English-speaking agent" only to find that that their ability to speak/understand English is quite poor, and always with a (very) heavy accent.

Tips:
Join WZ discount club if 1 or 2 travelling, or group disc club if more than 2.
Check WZ site regularly & book early for amazing bargains.
Extra Legroom seats are well worth the extra cost.
Same goes for 'Priority' because you can take a 2nd bag on board - and you avoid the rabble at the boarding gate! Romanians generally don't understand the concept of the Express Boarding queue, but just keep clear and wait for the WZ staff to make the first announcement when boarding commences.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

I have been using this Airline for some time now and it is good for the prize you pay , you cant expect much if you pay little . But i upgraded to , WIZZ Plus all in & Full Flex , and i would recommend that to anyone because you have all inclusive in the prize . There have been delay´s but what Airline does not have delay´s .
If you want to pay less for your travel then i recommend this Airline .

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

*My SUITCASE apparently GROWS WHEN IT'S ON HOLIDAY!!

*CHEAP FARE, get to check out payment won't go through... 4 different cards used from 4 different banks. When payment is able to go through flight fare suddenly considerably more expensive :(
*CHECKING IN ONLINE is frequently unavailable due to site or app 'maintenance' when trying to check in on the day of flight will be faced with checking in fee at the airport if site and app are down. Even though you have no control of this... (I called to see why I couldn't check in)
*Check in together sat in different seats...

My boyfriend and I have flown with Wizz Air multiple times over the past 3 years I'd say easily over 10 times. Leaving from Liverpool to Gdańsk the staff are pretty helpful and there never really seems to be any problems other than the flights being occasionally delayed for usually round about and hour...

However...
Flying from Gdańsk to Liverpool
Again flight usually delayed about an hour.
This time the SAME LUGGAGE we came with is now SUDDENLY TOO BIG!!
In the past two years this has happened EVERY but 1 TIME!!

The 1st time it happenend we were confused and left our (expensive) suitcase (which met the size requirements online!) and transferred our luggage to our backpacks which were in our suitcases and wore bigger items such as jumpers and coats, bras and underwear in pockets. Lucky for us other passengers had seem how ridiculous the staff were being with us and offered to put some of our items in their bags until we got on the plane. (God Bless them for their generosity) BTW the small cabin sticker from our previous Wizz Air flight earlier in the month was still attached to our cases. Not that that changed anything...
We asked 2 members of staff if they could explain why we were able to being our suitcases from the UK to Poland free of charge however to bring them from Poland to the UK we being faced with a penalty charge per suitcase... The only answer I was given was that they were too big... Not satisfied with this answer I asked again and was ignored by a 3rd member of staff... Staff were incredibly rude!! Not helpful in the slightest!! Not a happy flyer.

2nd time this happened... Before we left from Liverpool the Gdańsk. Both my boyfriend and I double checked the size of our hand luggage. Just bfore the gate opened we asked a Wizz Air member of staff if our suitcases were the right size to qualify for free hand luggage. Before even putting our cases in the measurement cage the member of staff had looked and had said "oh yeah, they'll fit love". I had explained what had happened the previous flight and put them both in the measurement cage so we had his approval and we knew for sure we wouldn't be looking at any ridiculous expensive penalty charges... Happy flyers :) :)

DEJA VU!!
Flying from Gdańsk to Liverpool...
Must be something in the polish air because low and behold AGAIN our suitcases have magically grown.
We put our suitcases in the cage and again they fit perfectly we couldn't understand why they would want us to pay. We asked... And were told the same line "they are too big, you will have to pay"
Again we wore everything!! And put our clothing in a plastic bag each.

3rd time...
Flying from Liverpool to Gdańsk 1hr delay as usually but happy flyers...
Gdańsk to Liverpool! You'll never guess!!
Suitcases too big!!
You have to be kidding me!! At this point I'm looking around for a camera crew because we must be being pranked right!?!?

The rudeness, the nonsense It goes on...

They must be making a killing of our left suitcases! Jokes on them! Since the first time we started to buy cheap cases so Ha! Ha! Good luck flogging them! :p

The only time this hasn't happened was when I flew alone... I don't know if it's because they assume I don't speak Polish and look I younger than I am (I know they speak English) and 'couldn't be bothered with me' or if because we were way over an hour delayed and another plane due to be using the gate, or if someone had sprinkled them with happy dust... I just don't know. I like to think they were sprinkled with happy dust...

I find this airline... Very... bizarre! You never know what your going to get or How much your cheap ticket is bumping up to...
It's not as cheap as you are made to believe.
At least with other budget Airlines you know your in for a less then luxurious ride but at least your WALLET IS FULL and you know you'll be wearing clothes on your holiday because your allowed to take you 'HAND' LUGGAGE ON THE PLANE WITH YOU!!

I wish I had pictures to show how ridiculous this is...

I hope I don't have to use WizzAir again unless the flight is free or I'm desperate & at rock-bottom.

You have lost 2 very frequent customers and the pleasure is all yours.

1  Thank AdriFrankk