Seven Stars Resort & Spa(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
US$911
US$578
The Tuscany(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
US$775
US$752
Ports of Call Resort(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
US$236
US$219
Hotels.com
The Venetian on Grace Bay(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
US$875
The Regent Grand(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
US$694
US$598
Point Grace(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
US$1,222
US$630
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$781/night.

Beach House Turks & Caicos(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
US$726
Travelocity
Le Vele Resort(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
US$474
Villa Renaissance(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
US$895
Hotels.com
2,010 results
All reviewsexhale spabeach bedscore fusiongrant friedmanturks caicosrain showerour honeymoonbeach barevery morningbeach staffhotel is beautifulcoco bistroocean frontomelet stationcouples massagebottle of champagneturn down service
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Traveled, off season, with some friends, to the ultra-modern Gansevoort Hotel. The staff were all courteous, friendly and very welcoming. The guestrooms were sleek, comfortable, and spacious with small kitchens and fabulously large rain shower heads. The open-air lobby, pool and common areas which lead off to the fine white sandy beach compliments the natural surroundings of the Island. Cool "Zen"esque music played in the background encouraging all us over-stressed New Yorker's to stop, chill and soak up the sun on the comfy lounge chairs. I loved that the pool was specially filtered with saltwater. My friends and I had dinner at the hotel restaurant, Stelle, and can honestly say it was a culinary experience not to be missed. The salmon was delicious. There is a lovely town with modern shops and restaurants worthy of the 30 minute bike ride or 5 minute taxi ride to get there. Every morning, I took advantage of the yoga classes offered by Exhale Spa which is known for their Core Fusion classes but I preferred the Yoga Slow Flow classes to go with my full "Zen"effect. And to top off my "Zen"ness" I had a Provo Exhale Flow Massage (one of the best massages I've ever had) and an Exhale True Facial. Overall, the Gansevoort Hotel is a modern paradise with a twist of Zen.

1  Thank Nancy M
Reviewed 29 July 2012

The good and the bad....

Bad first (everyone wants bad news first right?)

- to start - traveling in and out of TCI airport is a complete disaster. I can't even begin to list the ways bc there are to many but if someone asked me now if id go back - id say no, based on airport experiences. Security lines out and around the corner - would be fine if there werent one agent and one machine workig to go through. And the planning of the flights awful - we were waiting with 4 flights worth of people (300+) all scheduled to depart within 20min of eachother. Just poor scheduling.

- this may sound rude but - gansevoort doesn't have a marked car for airport transfers. 'Beaches' did whih is the only thing that made me think of it. Unless they do have a marked vehicle and we just didn't have it bc transfers weren't included in our rate. Either way leaving the Airport to get to the hotel we waited for 30min for a taxi.

- to the hotel - service for the $ you are paying was dismal. Of all the ppl working there for you I received a smile or recognition of my gratitude way to infrequently. I was willing to chalk it up as laid-back Caribbean attitude, but there were those encounters that we're very pleasant as well so it came down to ppl acting disgruntled. (in my opinion).

- the rooms weren't comfortable (again- in my opinion). Thr bed is practicaly on the ground, The bathroom sinks are out in the open (trough-style) and the shower is almost free-standing in the middle of the room. I never felt cozy during my stay and that is a feeling I expect for what I was paying. The decor is clearly modern-chic and it was aesthetically pretty just not my favorite.

- everything ridiculously overpriced. Lunch $60, 4 drinks $50, dinner with 1 glass of wine each - $200. It felt absurd. Even when we went to restaurants off the property that was the case as well.

- something that has been bothering me for a long time was an encounter w a cab driver. It's pretty menial but was irritating. Our fare back to our hotel was 12. We only had $20, so asked for 5 back. Cab driver had NO CHANGE. We asked front desk of hotel - NO CHANGE. Not only did they have no change but they were completely unwilling to help us find any. So husband goes to cab driver 'all right you win' hand her the 20 ($8 tip!) and and she laughed and drove away. Can't help but make you feel totally robbed and taken advantage. HOW DO CAB DRIVERS OR RECEPTION DESKS HAVE NO CHANGE??!!?

The good:
- pool was beautiful and the beach was beautiful. They didn't charge us for usage of the beach beds (bc census was so low) so that was really nice. Everything is open air there was no ac anywhere but the breeze was delightful.

- the food overall was pretty good. We didn't have anything bad but we didn't have anything outstanding either. This includes our meals outside gansevoort.

- I did not have any spa services so I can't comment there - I'm sure they were wonderful. We didn't take any of the core fusion classes - just really bothered me that they were an extra charge.

Overall a nice stay. I woul probably not go back given the choice and I know my husband would agree. But again the beach and pool was awesome!!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Pickytraveler0311
vipi212, Manager at Gansevoort Turks + Caicos, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank-you for your comments from your recent visit to our hotel and we were sorry to hear of the overall service issues you experiended during your stay.
The airport is currenty undergoing a complete renovation to acomodate flights from Europe and increase the level overall customer service.They have curently completed the first phase which was the runway.
Food, drinks and services can be expensive, I agree. The island has a high cost of living since everything is imported, or practicly. Your feeback is valuable and the infornmation provided enables us to understand and help us target where we need to improve on, so we very much apreciate your review both complimentary and constructive. We are trully sorry to have disapointed you and we already took the necessary mesures to ensure $ change is available at all times, avoiding any further situations like yours. Once again on behalf of the Gansevoort Turks and Caicos team we sincerely apologize for not providing you with the overall attention and level of service you expected. We hope you will afford us another opportunity in the future. Thank-you again for staying with us and best regards.

Reviewed 28 July 2012

I stayed at the Gasevoort Hotel last week with 3 of my friends. We had an excellent 5 days. The hotel was gorgeous! The rooms were spacious and pool was lovely. We took classes at Exhale and got facials and massages everyday. The food at Stelle ,the hotel restaurant was amazing! After dinner the restaurant turned into a club and we danced all night. Above all the service was excellent! The hotel manager, Geoff was very helpful in helping us plan our days. The staff was knowledgable, friendly and accomodating.

1  Thank Deborah M
Reviewed 27 July 2012

I had the opportunity and pleasure to return to the Gansevoort in Turks and Caicos. My stay was 10 days in July 2012. From the moment I arrived until the moment I left, I was treated like royalty. Jason at the beach and the other man there for the summer( sorry never got your name) were overly accommodating and stressed that we should not have to "do anything since we are on vacation other than relax." They checked in on us at the beach or when lying by the pool to make sure we were ok and see if we needed/wanted anything.....enough, but to overbearing. Jean Francois, one of the managers is also very accommodating. He is very personable and helpful in giving ideas where to go and what to do and he provides detailed directions so you feel confident when you set out on your own to explore the island. I mentioned that I wanted a conch shell to bring home, and when I got back from an excursion, he presented me with a polished shell.
I stayed in a 1 BR unit and it had everything I needed and more. The bed was very comfortable and the sheets and robes were Frette! The kitchen was fully stocked so you could cook meals if you chose to do so. We chose to eat out every night and were never disappointed. Every restaurant was fabulous.
The view from the balcony is simple breathtaking. The beach is very wide and quiet at the end where the G is located. For those that complain it is far from everything....really??? Its a 20 minute bike ride and a 5 minute drive by car or taxi. Far, no...removed, yes!!! If you go out to dinner each night it is worth getting a car. IGA is right up the road to the left and driving to restaurants around the island is very easy. There are also other things you can see, such as the conch shack, Taylor Bay, or go horseback riding at Provo Ponies. Whether you relax or explore, you cannot go wrong at the G. It is a 3 hour flight from NY and and a beautiful island. The entire experience at the G makes the trip even more memorable.

Room Tip: All rooms are ocean front in the 2 buildings so there isn't a bad room in the house. Only one row of rooms is set back, but still has an ocean view AND a pool view. The 2nd floor units feel like you blend right into the ocean when standing on the balcony.
1  Thank Gail04
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We really enjoyed our time at the Gansevoort. Its a beautiful resort, intimate, classy and fun. We met great people there, the water was superb and the drinks cold.

We visited the rooms of a few of the people we met, and all the rooms were fantastic. We loved our balcony overlooking the ocean though. Gym is pretty nice too.

The only downside was the food. We aren't picky eaters, and the food was overpriced and highly variable in quality. The breakfast buffet wasn't bad, but that's an easy meal to get right. Some of the lunches we had were almost inedible. We heard they are actively working to improve the quality of food, that would turn this place into an A+.

Room Tip: Ocean view was fantastic, but I think all the rooms must be reat
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple