“Recent Visits”

Cuisines: Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Used this restaurant regularly for 5 years had 2 poor sirloin steaks in the last week.
Restaurant management has been very poor recently. Very lacking in customer service and management. Waited over 5 minutes before someone came to seat us when there was virtually no one in the restaurant.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed at Premier Inn next door the pub gets very noisy but staff& food more than made up for it breakfast we found to be not best value for money

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Waited 40 minutes for food on a not very busy Saturday afternoon, kids enjoyed their meals of burger and chips and chicken goujons and chips. My husband chose fish and chips which arrived with a hair in it and soggy on a plate of horrible Dry chips which he returned and ordered nothing else. I ordered duck pate starter with some chips and onion rings. The onion rings arrived burnt and a huge portion of about 4, to which I asked for a replacement and they came back perfect with a couple more than before. Unsure why this didn't happen in the first place. The salad with the pate was akin to bagged salad from the supermarket with absolutely no dressing, a slice of pate which was bland and a spoonful of chutney that also tastes supermarket bought and not very nice. The chips looked nice but were just warm and dry and tasteless.
My husband asked for these items bar the onion rings to be taken off the bill. The manager dealt with this well until she found it fair to insult me by telling me that it was duck pate and not normal pate and perhaps I should think twice before ordering it again as my complaint was the first they had had about it . Duck pate is my favourite so I do know what it should taste like!
All in all a nice looking pub albeit overpriced and crap food I would rather have gone to MacDonalds! Left with a nasty taste in my mouth and a chip on my shoulder for bring spoken to like a child.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Just stopped for a late lunch. Service was quick and friendly. Food was good and hot.
Then it all went wrong.
About 10 minutes after we sat down 2 families sat down at a table behind us. The children were obviously in control rather than the 2 adults anad we noticed various other customers were as disturbed by the noise as we were. To the point that one table asked to be moved to the other end of the restaurant.
I accept that customers are grouped together when it isnt so busy but it would have been nice if the families and adult parties could be located in different parts of the restaurant.
I have still rated Very Good because the food and service were as previously described. Thanks To our waitress Laura who helped us escape before our ears bled ! At least we could walk away.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Pleasant, helpful, friendly staff. Quite a wide selection of menu choices and food quite good but nothing exceptional especially when considering the prices which are not that reasonable by comparison with other similar establishments.