US$257
US$197
  • Pool
Luquillo Sunrise Beach Inn(Luquillo)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$105
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$171
US$136
  • Pool
The Tarpon's Nest Lodge(Loiza)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$183
  • Breakfast included
Dos Aguas(Rio Grande)
TripAdvisor
The Ocean Villas(Rio Grande)
Orbitz.com
1,456 results
All reviewsplantation housebutler servicefern restaurantsea grapesjean georgesnature tourchampagne saberingavocado pizzafive diamondpuerto ricorain showerbird sanctuarygolf cartsand dollarsbeautiful propertypaddle boardingdriving range
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Stayed in the suite with a butler. Paid $1300 a night. No view. Butler was a joke and only brought coffee in the morning. The property and value of the room was like a $300 a night room. Service was lousy. However, the Fern restaraunt was very high quality food and service. But the interior design and outside dining wasn't special. Just another okay restaurant. Its kinda like if you have stayed at one St. Regis then you stayed at them all. This was not different then the Punta Mia property but we didn't get "tourista" at this property like we did in Punta Mita. So I guess thats a good thing.

Room Tip: If its not ocean view DON"T go. Because even the ocean view are not that close to the beach. Everything else they just plant trees in front of the balcony and call it a garden view but the gardens are not special. Really its just a tree blocking your view.
10  Thank Gilmorez
srbahiabeach, General Manager at The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Saludos from St. Regis Bahía Beach -

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts regarding your recent stay at our distinctive resort. Rest assured that your valuable feedback has been appropriately addressed.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back, so that we may have the opportunity to reverse your last impression and treat you to a truly flawless St. Regis experience.

Thank you for the gift of feedback and the opportunity to respond to your concerns.

Reviewed 16 February 2013

One word...spectacular. Everything about it makes it worth the 45 minute drive from SJU airport.
My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in late January . We don't normally stay at 5 Diamond properties, so we were understandably blown away by the St. Regis. The best way I can put it is that the StRegisBB was the first hotel we’ve stayed at where the reality genuinely matched up to the pictures on the website.

Pros
- Tranquilly remote - perfect if you genuinely want the resort experience
- 2 miles of private beach
- a ton of seating at the beach and the pool even when the resort is sold out
- Good activities - kayaking, biking, golf etc..
- Service is the best I've received anywhere in PR or in the Caribbean
-Good gym for this type of resort

Cons - essentially 1st world problems, but didn't cause us to drop our overall from 5 stars
- Hot water always needs to run for 10 minutes before it gets hot
- Internet is spotty throughout the property and in some parts of your room - annoying at times- but they did mention they were having wifi issues.
All in all - we would and plan on coming back.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JJFigs

Dear Distinguished Guest,

Saludos from St. Regis Bahía Beach!

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent visit with us.

Your thorough enjoyment of our AAA Five Diamond award winning resort, from our lavishly designed guest rooms and sophisticated pool area, to our world-class dining, is precisely the experience we plan for all of our distinguished guests.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Bahía Beach in the near future.

Reviewed 13 February 2013

This is really a wonderful resort, which we spent three glorious days and four nights at. At arrival to the truly stunning plantation house, we were offered waters and rum punch. The property is best described as lush and verdant rainforest, with buildings connected by wooden planked walkways with very gentle soft lighting at night. The coquis singing in the evening add to the wonderful exotic jungle feel. Rooms are stunning, we had a 2nd floor corner unit which was gorgeous, the bathroom was spectacular and the lighting very thoughtfully constructed. Room amenities are top notch and luxurious. Spa-quality products and lots of goodies like slippers and loofahs. We loved the furnishings and design of both our room and the plantation house and found ourselves taking notes/pics for future home ideas (my husband asked about a particular piece of furniture in the plantation house when we checked out and the resort was kind enough to send us an e-mail with details regarding the piece).

Breakfast at Fern was delicious (the reviews on the french toast are true, it's unlike anything I've ever had before), but expensive. Note that portions are large, so splitting is a good option. The pool is lovely, however a bit small for the crowd. We never had any issues getting pool chairs as others have stated, and the pool service was excellent. Always someone coming around to take food/drink orders, plus pool attendents to help with towels, moving umbrellas, etc. One day they brought around yummy little shooters of strawberry tea. Our first day, there were some periodic rain showers, and everyone took cover at the pool bar. The attendants were quick to bring around warm dry towels to keep us warm during the brief deluge. We took a nice walk on the beach, but didn't lounge there as it seemed pretty windy and as others have noted, is not the white sugar sand of other Caribbean islands. The beach is well-maintained however, and gorgeous for a walk and scoping out shells.

We ate at Molasses our first night and enjoyed the upscale Puerto Rican food - for our first exposure to mofongo, it was delicious! We spent another night dining at Fern, which was equally good. If you've been to Jean Georges in NYC, don't expect anything on par with that experience, but the food is well-prepared and tasty. We found the value of Molasses and Fern for dinner both to be excellent, given the food quality and service. The pool bar had good food as well, however on the expensive end. Portions again were generous, so we easily got away with splitting items on the menu (pizzas were great).

The spa facilities are lovely - truly an excellent spa with excellent products and pampering (I was sad to decline champagne prior to my massage). I had a prenatal massage that was fabulous - the therapist was extremely knowledgable about what to do and what not to do during pregnancy and kept me comfortable at all times.

We didn't use the golf course or any of the complementary amenities at the boathouse, but the course looked stunning and barely used - I plan on recommending to my golfing friends. Service was excellent in all regards, we loved cocktails on the patio of the plantation house (great drinks, fantastic house-made ginger ale, etc.), we watched the bartender saber off the champagne cork one night and when my husband had a glass of prosecco, they were kind enough to bring me a complimentary virgin cocktail to enjoy with him. Clearly the staff puts a lot of consideration into the little touches that make guests smile.

Here are my very minor critiques:

1. Because breakfast is expensive and there is only one option, it would be nice if the resort had offered a breakfast inclusion with the rate.

2. We found our patio to be somewhat un-usable with only one comfortable chair along with a table and two chairs best suited for meals. A plush lounger would make the patio for welcoming.

3. Food options are limited, and if you stay for an extended period of time, this can be frustrating. To avoid getting bored with the food, we dined "off-campus" for two dinners, two breakfasts, and a lunch. I would highly recommend renting a car so you can easily get to El Yunque and other local sites, plus get the flavor of local restaurants. There is a valet fee, but we found having a car absolutely worth it.

4. While turn-down service was fantastic, it would be nice to have a tiny chocolate morsel or similar ... who doesn't love treats at turn down?

3  Thank Emily R

Dear Distinguished Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay at our captivating resort.

We are elated that you thoroughly enjoyed your vacation!

Rest assured, your valuable feedback has been shared with our team.

We hope to have the pleasure of indulging you once again, at the St. Regis Bahía Beach, the best address in the Caribbean.

Thank you for the gift of feedback.

Reviewed 13 February 2013

First of all I'd like to mention that we stayed here on Starwood points. If I had to pay $800/night for the room, my review would be different. We rented a car from Enterprise (they were great once again) and the drive is so much easier now that the highway has been extended. The resort was easy to find and the grounds and landscaping of St Regis are beautiful. Check in was easy, our room wasn't ready yet, but offered us another room ( waited for the original room). We changed into our suits in the lobby restroom and headed out to the pool. Within a few hours, we got the call that our room was ready. I requested a 2nd floor room and one that was private due to the fact my husband and I love to sit and relax on the balcony in the morning and evening.

The room was beautiful and the bathroom enormous, I mean enormous. This is probably the most beautiful hotel I've stayed in. The 1st night we ate at Molasses and the food was not so good except for my salad and both our desserts. The waitress couldn't have been nicer and took my entrée off the bill.

When it was time to go to sleep, I noticed my pillow smelled very musty, along with the decorative pillows. I called and new pillows were brought immediately. The bed was comfortable and we both slept great. Free coffee is offered in the plantation house from 6-10. I mentioned about the musty smelling balcony curtains, etc and noticed the smell improved after (must have sprayed them).

The weather was windy and cloudy the 1st couple of days and not many people at the beach, fine for us. But there was also no beach food or drink service, you needed to walk to Seagrapes by the pool. I do have to mention the mixed drinks average about 16 or 17 dollars and were not very good. I know prices are expensive here, but for $17, I expect a good drink. My husband and I ended up buying a cooler to bring drinks to the beach because it was easier. On the 3rd or 4th day, one of the waitresses yelled at us that we can't bring our own to the beach (this is a public beach) Someone came to apologize for her later, esp since my husband said he took beers from the mini bar cause beach service was so poor. (I noticed it improved over the days because people were complaining). Most people would hang around the pool, but that's not for us

Along with the beauty of the resort, the people working there were fantastic and always remembered your name. The valet service to get our car each morning was quick and the valet guys were so sweet. Everyone from the people working at check in to the waitstaff at the pool, the towel people, maintenance were exceptional. I will say the housekeeper 2 days in a row shut off our A/C and upon returning from the beach the room was hot and musty. Also toilet paper and Kleenex were not restocked and had to call because we basically ran out of toilet paper (had 1/4 of a roll left and this was after the room was serviced). A quick call and all was taken care of.

These little things were not such a big deal for us. But when we checked out the person told us we had a zero balance and asked if we needed a copy of the printout. She said it wasn't necessary since it was a zero balance, but I like to have one. I questioned about the resort fee charge/valet charge, but again was told we have a zero balance. I couldn't have been happier and though now this is a good service resort that takes car of their customers that have any issues, etc. Well on the drive home my husband asked about what the final bill would have been if not for the hotel not charging us. Turns out I was given someone else's bill, wrong name and room number. I was floored and called hotel immediately. They said I was still showing I hadn't checked out (they were king enough to let me have a 4pm checkout) But it was now almost 5 and we were still in the system.

I think what upset me the most about this is what if I didn't get a printout and my charge bill came and I saw charges for the st regis that were not mine. I wouldn't have even had a copy of the bill and everything would have to be corrected after the fact.

I did speak to mgmt. and had some charges taken off the bill for inconvenience and they gave me additional starpoints.

Would I return, yes on points or for a great rate. With the prices they charge along with a $60 daily resort fee By the way, the incorrect bill they gave me showed the person paid $275/night plus taxes and resort fee.. For that price I'd definitely come back.

Again the resort is beautiful and the people working there exceptional. This was an amazing relaxing vacation.

Oh by the way, Fern is great for breakfast and worth every penny (we ordered off the menu and not the buffet).

Room Tip: Rent a car so you can go to some fantastic restaurants off property.
3  Thank Dian

Dear Distinguished Guest,

Saludos from St. Regis Bahía Beach!

Reviewed 11 February 2013

This hotel was gorgeous. The room we had (probably the cheapest at the resort), was spacious and had amazing amenities. The service was terrific. And while the resort fee was high ($60), there were a lot of free activities included - kayaking, paddle boarding, biking, etc. It also included free internet.

I would have liked a few more options for breakfast. The only restaurant that served breakfast was Fern - which was delicious. They should start serving breakfast at the poolside restaurant.

I took the trip with 2 girlfriends. It was a very relaxing experience and isn't the place to go if you are looking to "party." It is not close to San Juan and the taxi ride is not cheap, so it's a nice place to stay if you plan to keep to the resort mostly. The majority of the guests at the resort were couples.

I look forward to being able to return here.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank passportnecessary

Dear Distinguished Guest,

We are elated that you thoroughly enjoyed your vacation!

Rest assured, your valuable feedback has been shared with our team.

Thank you for the gift of feedback.