US$222
US$178
Priceline
  • Pool
Dos Aguas(Rio Grande)(Great Value!)
US$290
Luquillo Sunrise Beach Inn(Luquillo)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$102
US$140
  • Pool
The Tarpon's Nest Lodge(Loiza)(Great Value!)
US$135
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
TripAdvisor
All reviewswyndham resortel yunquerented a carshort drivexaviercondobedroomforestvrbopoolscasinokeycooler
Reviewed 28 January 2015

We were 2 adults and 2 small children and chose this place for the kitchen facilities, proximity to the hotel amenities, its own pool, and that it was so close to the beach. We visited PR before and stayed in San Juan, so this time wanted to explore a new area.

Stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment. The place was clean, everything was working (ACs, TV, internet, washer / dryer, fridge). The place had towels, some toilet paper and kitchen towels for first few days, then we bought our own. The highlight were the pools (1 lap pool, 1 free form, and a whirlpool), kids just loved spending their time there. i also loved how close and easy it was to go from room, to pool, to beach. also, how uncrowded it felt. we ended up going only 1 time to the wyndham hotel pool, and it was so crowded compared to the ocean's villa, that we ran back to the villas. So, even though initially i wanted to stay here to be close to hotel amenities, we ended up not using them at all. The staff were very friendly.

On the negative side, there is limited kid stuff, i thought there would be a playground nearby but didn't see anything walking distance - not even in hotel. Also, this area has strong waves, and it was on the rainy side. A couple of days, it would be storming on the side of Wyndham and totally sunny in Luquillo, so we ended up going to Luquillo.

We rented a car. Visited the rain forest. There is a good number of supermarkets 5-10 minutes drive in either direction.

Overall, it was a fantastic location, and i would love to go back again.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Hena1420
Reviewed 6 January 2015

We enjoyed our stay. Was convenient to San Juan & the Rain Forest. Golf was good at the Rio Mar. We rented a 2 bdrm/2 bath unit -- 1 bdrm unit with living room & kitchen w/attached "hotel room" style (2 double beds/bathroom). Unit was clean. Beds were good & overall was nice. Was very nice to have kitchen. Stores within a couple miles to get supplies. Pools were nice & hot tub was usually hot. We were there over the holidays so maybe employees were off but pool was only cleaned once the week we were there. Trash bins were not emptied every day so they were over flowing a couple of times. But overall a nice place. The Wyndham was next door & the pools were always full -- we had plenty of room at ours & easy access to beach. Used Wyndham facilities & ran up to Iquanas at the golf course for several meals. You could get by without a car if you really wanted to. Cabs easy to grab at the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kellie U
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We stayed in a 4 bedroom villa on the 6th floor for one week. The view from the villa was breathtaking. From every angle in the villa you see beauty. The villa surroundings are very well kept. The apartment itself was clean, attractive with modern furniture and great internet service. Because it is not a hotel, you have to keep in mind that you are provided with initial toiletries and paper products. After you use up your initial supplies, you are responsible for replenishing what you need, but it is not something you have to do for the next guest. I loved the fact that they had large hotel size towels, excellent bed linen, and plenty of kitchen wares to host a great dinner with friends. The beach area is what kept me from giving it a 5 star review. There are palm tree debris, algae, and drift wood all over the place. Also, you have to cross a golf course and watch out for golf balls flying over your head while sunbathing. Not too cool. However, with that said, you can enjoy a great time at the beach if you want to walk a little. Because you have access to the Wyndham Hotel's beach area, you can enjoy their beach activities and number of pools available. My children enjoyed that very much. Do remember to take your credit card because you cannot use cash for any of their services or foods. My family noticed that during our stay, our building had only two occupants. Because I love privacy, this was great. For the kids? Not so great. They were bored a little without other kids to play with. But again, I think it had to do with the dates we chose. Personally, I think it is a bit pricy. Especially, since you are best to have a rental car if you want to get around.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Carolyn D
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We stayed in the villas for 7 nights, two in a decent one bedroom.
The 5 nights we spent in the 3 bedroom Penthouse were awesome.
The outdoor terrace which is shaded with an ocean breeze provided most of our dining and entertainment time despite the 90 plus temps. This was crucial with elderly guests.
The pool is awesome and beach access is immediate.
The Wyndham next door is a bonus but we only used it for the casino and bar.
Our concierge Luis was most helpful.
I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: 3 bedroom Penthouse rocks!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 December 2013

We stayed at the ocean villas 2 nights. Upon arrival there wasn't anyone there to assist us. Despite being told that we would have a concierge both in my paperwork and in the book left in the villa ....the phone number left on the desk in the lobby for said concierge wasn't working (like the phone had been disconnected).

We managed to get the car parked and made our way to the villa....the elevators were very scary. I felt like i won the lottery every time we actually made it to the floor we were staying on. Upon entry I noticed how plain and poorly maintained everything was. Badly Stained couch and chairs, popcorn ceiling, rust on the Fridge and light fixtures, the cook ware and dishes were dirty (no soap in the villa to wash them), and the blender smelled like puke and old milk. The beach was filthy, trash everywhere and the ocean completely unsafe to swim in. I wanted to stay else where but since all of the 5 phone numbers the villa provided went straight to voicemail (concierge disconnected) we decided to stay at the condo since we had already paid a hefty rental fee.

the pool chairs at the villa were ripped and torn and the hot tub was about the temperature of bath water and the gates to the beach were locked before dark.

After hours of trying to contact someone to see if i could go elsewhere i emailed the guy I booked through. He then proceeded to tell me he was over seas and that the concierge was off Sat/Sun (not what I was told or what was in the book in the villa). He was nice and apologized for my unhappiness with the villa. He also said we were free to stay elsewhere, but at that point it was too late to figure something else out...

I learned a very expensive lesson with this booking. Dont believe everything you see online.

Room Tip: Choose a room that doesn't require much use of the elevator... Parts falling off, buttons don't work and it makes strange sounds. I always had my cell phone just in case.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple