1,929 results
All reviews lakeview restaurant the outdoor hot tub armathwaite hall afternoon tea club room hush room aroma room stately home thermal suite cream tea on arrival sandwiches quiche course meal main restaurant christmas decorations special occasion
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

This was our second visit and the second time using the Hartley Tower Suite. The room was again excellent, comfortable, clean and well maintained. We took our 7 month old son and the staff ensured that we could enjoy dinner in the restaurant with a quiet table and high chair.

The food in the Lake View restaurant was superb and the staff worked hard to ensure that our visit was superb from start to finish. A highly recommended venue

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Took advantage of a travelzoo offer for a two night break at Armathwaite Hall and found it well worth the money. The superior room was spacious with everything you might need. You could argue that the room was a little dated but I would call it old world charm. The bathroom was fab and came complete with a TV to watch while bathing in the kingsize bath.
We ate in the main dining room on the first night and had a first rate tasting menu dinner. On the following evening we ate in the Bistro and had a fab meal which wasn't overly expensive for a high grade hotel. The breakfast were very good and taken in the conservatory overlooking the lake.
Another highlight of this hotel is the spa which is the best I have experienced. Drinking bubbles in the spacious outside hot tub takes a bit of beating.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a bit of old world luxury!

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Really lovely spa room with space and style. Food delicious. Attentive service with helpful staff. Cocktail made just for me to suit my taste. Loved the view and spa. Even had a treatment. Very relaxing and peaceful.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

This was my 4th visit to Armathwaite .
Myself and my girlfriends had a fabulous time. Staff were amazing. Alex in the very plush new Bar was so welcoming. Always makes my favourite cocktail. We considered kidnapping him .
My only issue with The stay was that as a vegetarian the same two choices have been on the menu every time.
The chef really needs to come up with something a bit more interesting.
Other than this , it was wonderful.
The food was good . I would just like something a bit more adventurous.
A basic spag Bol or risotto, isn’t really pushing the boat out .

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Amazing weekend! The rooms are lovely (a little hot but wasn’t the end of the world) and the whole hotel is lush. The bar area is lovely for relaxing, and we chose to eat in the Brasserie rather than the lake view restaurant where the food was delicious.
The spa was the best I’ve been to, and the treatments - especially the hot stone massage - were next level! Best birthday weekend ever!