“Crazy good food and super friendly service ”
Review of Holy Smokes BBQ

Holy Smokes BBQ
Ranked #5 of 16 Restaurants in Kapaau
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: We are a native Hawaiian run small business. We enjoy serving good food at a reasonable price. We are not fast food, although we can usually serve our costumers fairly quickly, you can always call in your order.
Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

Can't say enough good things about this place. DEERISHOUS food, friendly service where they treat you like family! The tacos had delicious JUICY pulled pork...in a crispy shell topped with refreshing slaw. We are from LA and we have great food, but even then, their food was out of this world! The rib plate was amazing...I'm gonna have to buy an extra seat back to the mainland!

I will NOT miss this spot on our next trip to the island! It's worth the drive to come and enjoy the magical goodness this team cooks up!

Reviewed 26 April 2017

We read the reviews, so we had to try BBQ from a trailer and judge for our selves. The brisket was very tender and the BBQ sauce was like I never have had with exceptional flavor. The service was very good and the wait time was reasonable. The brisket was nice and moist, like it must have been cut to order and not dry like meat cut earlier. Those who visit The Island of Hawaii should make a trip to Kapaau for this BBQ. After getting your food you sit at a picnic table and enjoy a cool breeze.

Reviewed 13 April 2017

We live in Kapaau, and Holy Smokes is a regular treat for us. Absolutely delicious family favorite. Yesterday I picked up a side of ribs and a large cole slaw for our picnic at the beach and it was perfect. Two of my favorite people who do a great job on one of my favorite foods. Pick up early, because they are out by mid afternoon.

Reviewed 10 October 2016

We were late arrivals - maybe 1 or 2 PM but they closed down after they served us because they were running out. Boy were we glad we got there in time!! I had the Funk which was Char Sui pulled pork which was delicious. My husband had the pulled pork which he said was also very good. We both enjoyed our sides of beans and cole slaw and rice. Plus we had plenty for dinner later that evening. So glad we stopped there!! We became big fans of the food trucks while we were vacationing in Hawaii. Great food, reasonably priced. Wish they were about 3000 miles closer to our home!!

2  Thank KL S
Reviewed 4 October 2016

I eat here all the time, I am from KC originally and am very picky about bbq but once you have this authentic smokey bbq you will be a very happy camper, big servings!!!