“Lovely pub with great atmosphere ”
Review of The Old Bell

The Old Bell
Ranked #3 of 17 Restaurants in Watton
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Public House
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Went to this country pub Easter Sunday for a couple of drinks and a bite to eat. Alas no food served today but the option to order a takeaway delivered to the pub was taken up. Very good it was too! Nice Woodfoode beer and Bulldog gin with tonic. Happy for the dog to sit with us too. Nice atmosphere and lovely decor

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

We visited for a meal which was excellent great fast service and booked to go for carvery on Easter Sunday really looking forward to it

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

A nice little village pub. Great atmosphere, good beer and good staff. The Guinness was excellent and cheap. We had a meal and all was good. Except for a few minor niggles. My portion was small, all the others were good. And the mash was very lumpy and salty. The Guinness pie was really nice but a very small piece. Saying that, I would go again.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

This review is a whisker off a 1* rating, but was saved by the fact that my partners hunters chicken was edible.
However, I’ve never seen so much cheese and bbq sauce in a hunters chicken...it was drowning in it.
The steak I had was grissly, over cooked and tough...more like a leather boot than a nice tender medium rare piece of sirloin.
And the chips...oh dear...if you can’t even fry chips properly, they came out dry and hard...the only way I can think this happened is if they were part cooked at least several hours earlier and then finished off in old oil that wasn’t even properly hot, and then left under the hot plate for a long time.
There must have been a different chef working on our night or other reviewers need new taste buds.
I went here solely as it was highly rated online and within walking distance of the cottage we were staying in, but left hugely disappointed....£32 for a poor meal and couple of drinks along with disinterested service was a waste of time really. Wouldn’t recommend this place at all. I paid the bill but should have asked for a full refund and gone to McDonald’s as it would have been better food and better value!

Reviewed 7 March 2018

My wife and I were staying at Richmond Park. We visited The Old Bell on a bitterly cold Tuesday evening. We were amidst the darts teams, but had a really good meal in a warm and friendly environment.

The food was excellent and the service was very good. Note we cannot enter the ratings below.