Lowest prices for your stay
US$109
Free cancellation until 22/10/21
CrownePlaza.comUS$109
PricelineUS$109
ZenHotels.comUS$117
All reviews holiday inn front desk king suite wi fi location is great beautiful hotel star hotel great stay ihg brand task texas shuttle conference
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 July 2021

I loved everything about my stay here! Cecil checked us in and was so amazing my teenage son said he is hands down the best person who has ever checked us into a hotel (we travel a lot). He was conversational and engaging beyond just getting us checked in. The restaurant staff was amazing too. I read reviews where a few people complained about rude stuff and I almost did not book this, but I’m so glad I did not believe them and took the chance. I will be staying here again the next time we are back in the area. The hotel was very clean. The bed was so comfortable (so we’re the pillows) and the restaurant was so good! I honestly cannot think of anything I did not like!

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2021

If you're going to stay here, make sure you lock the top latch on your door. My girlfriend and I stayed this past weekend, and at about 7am she heard a faint knock on the door. We were both dead asleep and it was so quiet that she didn't think it was our room. She also heard what she thought was a man's voice in the hallway. Then, whoever was at the door proceeded to OPEN the door (meaning they had a key to our room). Luckily, we had locked the top latch the night before so the door stopped before they were able to open it all the way. Whoever it is left after, because I got up and looked in the hallway and saw no one. We immediately called the front desk to let them know, because a) someone has a key to our room and tried to get in while we were sleeping, and would have if we wouldn't have locked the door and b) anyone else in the hotel could also be in danger if this was a person with bad intentions. The woman at the front desk told us that she would take care of it and try and figure out what happened, and she genuinely sounded concerned. We waited for a call back and never got one. We stayed up the rest of the morning worried and feeling unsafe. At about 11am the same morning, we went downstairs to the front desk to try to talk to someone about it. The same woman we talked to on the phone was at the desk and told us that she had called housekeeping and maintenance and had confirmed that it WAS NOT any of them, because they did not come in until 8am and 9am that morning. So she knew that it wasn't someone who worked there but still didn't call us to update us/do anything to make us feel safer? During the conversation, she also admitted that if someone comes up to the front desk and says they lost a key to whatever room, they DO NOT look up in the system to make sure that person is actually staying in that room. Meaning that anyone could walk in, say they lost a key to our room or any room, and be given one. That is extremely unprofessional and honestly concerning. She literally told us that that could've been what happened. Whenever we were about to walk away, she said "yeah, definitely keep your door latched!" and laughed afterwards. Nothing that she said gave us any peace of mind and she never once offered us any sort of help or offered to let us speak to someone higher up. We went back up to the room and we were about to leave for the day, and we did not feel safe leaving our stuff in our room knowing someone was walking around with a key to our room. We went back downstairs and requested to change rooms (which she should've offered to us from the beginning, in my opinion), and she responded "oh yeah, good idea. I guess I would want that too" and let us change rooms. We had to literally ASK to change rooms to help us feel better and safer in that hotel. We were never once offered any sort of help or guidance. She just continually would tell us that it was a "mystery to her" and that it definitely wasn't housekeeping/maintenance. I'm just so appalled and concerned about the way that this type of situation is handled at the Crowne Plaza Shenandoah. Not only did we not feel safe and have nothing done about, every single person at that hotel could've been in danger and apparently no one cared. Also, there is a container on the front desk with a sign near it that says "please leave key here". That is where everyone is supposed to leave their room keys. That also seems unsafe to me, especially because I observed two times during our stay where the front desk person left the front desk for a few seconds/a minute or two to do something/check on something outside. We called after our stay twice now and still have not spoken to a manager. The woman at the front desk when I called today honestly seemed confused as to why I was still calling. I am just so taken aback at the lack of professionalism and the lack of care for their guests.

Date of stay: July 2021
IHG Service, Owner at Crowne Plaza Shenandoah, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2021

Hi T7133VPnicholasa,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us. I was very concerned to read your comments regarding security and customer service. I understand your disappointment and I'm sorry. I will share your review with our team for improvements on our end. We appreciate you for staying with us and in line with this, I sent you a private message to address your concerns.

I appreciate you as our guest and I still hope you would give us another chance in the future so this time we can show you how we help our guests recharge and be inspired.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 8 May 2021 via mobile

Very clean and super service.

Comfortable bed and spacious room. Great appointments. Large TV.

Good location for a woodlands visit.

Reasonable rates.

Adequate parking with easy access.

Will stay here again.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2021

It is incredible that IHG will let a 3 star hotel, that could barely be considered a Holiday Inn, to use its premium brand. Not only the accommodations are not up to standard, but some of the personnel are very rude and have unilaterally decided to throw the ambassador membership guidelines out the window.

I was so upset that they would not provide drinking water that I had to call IHG directly. With them on the line they offered to provide it. When we arrived at the hotel that night they very rudely explained that “this was only a one night exception”. After that we decided to check out. The next day while reviewing the bill they had charged all the 20oz $4.00 usd water bottles they provided.

If IHG decides to lowers the bar to let substandard properties without proper training, that do not honor the Ambasssador membership, it will be time to evaluate whether it is a good investment.

Date of stay: March 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank TonyCepeda
IHG Service, Owner at Crowne Plaza Shenandoah, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2021

Hi TonyCepeda,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am sorry to learn your overall stay was a letdown because of the condition of our room and the level of customer service you received. You are our most Valued IHG Rewards Ambassador member, and you should be recognized as one.

We always strive to make sure that every guest has an excellent stay at our hotel. I have shared the points you have raised with the managerial team as a source in improving our hotel features and services to prevent the shortcomings from happening again. As a reference, the Ambassador benefits information is available on our webpage.

Again, your insights are important to us. We value your unwavering loyalty, and I hope that we can truly become a "home away from home" for you. We would be delighted to welcome you back in the not-too-distant future.

Warmest regards,

Zel N.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 24 December 2020

My wife and I own an entertainment business out of Dallas-Fort Worth. We travel for live educational shows and perform virtual shows via Zoom. On Monday, December 21st, we had occasion to have both type events on the same day. We were to be in the Woodlands, Texas at 2:00PM and on a Zoom call at 5:00PM. That meant we could not return to our home (in Arlington) in time for the Zoom call so decided to find a hotel that could help us set up with high speed internet. The Crowne Plaza Shenandoah was the choice. A pre-booking phone call confirmed that Ethernet connections were available in the guest rooms so thought we were set for a 2 day visit.

Upon arrival Sunday evening, the Ethernet port in our room was unresponsive. So, Monday morning, I found Assistant General Manager David Potter at the front desk. He had me check a room next to mine and I found that Ethernet port unresponsive as well. He then helped me confirm both my laptop and the cable I had were in working order by connecting to a port in the business center. He asked someone if this could be fixed by maintenance and found out that only Wi-Fi connections were available in the guest rooms – there was no direct Ethernet cable support. Both he and I were surprised at this news. We had planned to have the Zoom call in our suite, but that was unlikely without the higher speed from an Ethernet port. For a Zoom call to look good, you need quite a bit of bandwidth (more than Zoom says). So, I was very uneasy with the idea of using Wi-Fi for the presentation. Mr. Potter started helping me by checking out options outside the box.

He conferred with his fellow managers and determined that a conference room was not being used for the day (The Studio) and that it had an active Ethernet port. I checked the speed and found it 3x faster on download and 10x faster on upload than the Wi-Fi. Mr. Potter told us we could use the room (at no extra charge) for our conference call and we proceeded to turn the room into a studio. Everything worked well, the monitors and connections were all in great shape and our customer was very happy with the result. It was spectacular! All the while, Mr. Potter made sure that we were well taken care of.

Mr. Potter could have easily told us to just use the Wi-Fi and it might have been satisfactory. He could have turned us over to someone else, to deal with our issues. But he didn’t. He listened to us, understood the problem and went above and beyond the call to make sure we were successful. He took charge and helped us become an even more loyal customer to IHG and this Crowne Royale hotel.

Room tip: Top floor is a "quiet zone" if you really want to be surrounded by other quiet people.
Date of stay: December 2020