“Nice resort, bad location, unhelpful staff ”

Saigon Emerald Resort
Ranked #22 of 24 Hotels in Mui Ne
Reviewed 9 February 2017 via mobile

BAD POINTS

1. location is good if you want to be in the middle of nowhere with peace and quiet but any life/restaurants /shops are 25 minutes from the town by taxi (250,000D) or old bus (16,000D)

2. Problems started from the beginning when they weren't expecting us

3. Nobody speaks English which is always a problem with basics like laundry, what time are buses, what time is breakfast

4. First night we tried the restaurant. Firstly nobody took our order after 20 minutes so I went to the bar there where 4 people all huddled round a computer and they all looked the other way and ignored me for 5 minutes... my garlic bread and rice took 50 minutes to arrive... this was also the last time we ate on the resort

5. Wifi only worked 50% of the time

6. There wasn't enough sun loungers around the pool for everyone so we had to lay on the dirty beach with the crabs

7. As the location is in an undeveloped part of mui ne expect wildlife... we encountered bugs, frogs, rats

GOOD POINTS

1. Pool was nice

2. When the food eventually arrived it was nice

3. The greenery, flowers and pond where all kept nice

4. Room was alright

OTHER POINTS

1. Most guests where Chinese or Russian

2. The beach is like a castaway beach quite dirty with jellyfish around but natural

3. Number 1 bus takes you to town, 25 minutes 16,000 Dong per person they stop about 8 o'clock so we had to get taxis back at night

4. We went to the resort next door for lunch every day it was much cheaper and everyone spoke English

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

Nice clean rooms, beds are really comfortable . Rooms are very quiet and private. Wonderful pool and right on the ocean. A short trip into town for some action, with buses passing regularly. Staff were friendly, Lam is exceptional. See you again!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 May 2016

A nice hotel but along way (10k at least) from any nightlife, town, restaurants etc.
However, you can get a bus into town very cheaply or a motorbike taxi. The buses stop about 20.30 in the evening though, so you have to use a taxi of some kind.
Ideal for a romantic, getaway from everyone sort of place.
The staff are very helpful and the pool is a great place to chill.
The beach is deserted so you have it to yourself. Overall I enjoyed it here & I was alone.

Room Tip: Only a few guests but they still put me next to another couple who were noisy. So ask for a room wit...
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 March 2016

This is a very nice resort. It is clean and has a lot of character.

The big issue for me was the location, it was really far away from the main Muine centre. About 15mins away I would say. So you either have to get a cab or take their local bus from the resort to the main centre. I find the cab to be a bit expensive (cost about VND250,000 for a metered cab.) Local bus is very cheap. But it comes only every 20mins and the last bus is at 7pm from the resort.

Now, the good points. Seeing that the resort is far away from the main centre, it was tranquil. The beach is literally at the doorstep of this resort. Best thing is, because other resorts are far away, it really does feel like it is your own private beach.

I was satisfied with the cleanliness of the room. The room was spacious. Lots of trees around the resort. Pool was clean. Very well maintained establishment overall.

Staff was very friendly and polite. But they don't speak much English. Though I think they can speak pretty fluent Russian. It was a bit challenging for me to communicate with them, but it wasn't really a major problem for me.

Liked the place overall. But I wish they could provide some kind of activity for the patrons seeing that the resort is far from everything else. Like maybe have a game room, or karaoke or something.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2016 via mobile

I am writing my first review on Trip advisor to save ur choice. I stayed here 4 days. On 2016 Jan.

Firstly I'd like to tell u that this place is well setted. Big n good pool, lots of trees n flowers. Pretty relaxing place as it is placed quite a far from city center. So you can avoid many tourists.

But the problem is a management and lacking of service mind of this resort. First night i was trying to talk to reception to change room. But their manager response was started by crossing thier arms with unhappy face. And it seems like all of staffs cant really speak English very well.

And our room did include breakfast, just few simple foods,but everyday it was kinda same menu . But it was okay to eat until we found a mold on banana cake. It was really yuck.

And this resort has private beach but full of trash. I just dipped my foot for less than 10 min n go back.

You never can get any types of 4 star hotel service here.( i dont know why TripAdvisor showing 3.5 star while i saw 4 star in there)

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple