“Lunch”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Had pie of the day, steak and kidney with chips and veg. Lovely home made pie. Good portion. My son had scampi and chips and his girlfriend had gammon and curly fries. Both couldn't quite finish as the portions were good. Lovely small country pub with old English decor. Staff were very polite. Will visit again.
Noticed they had a variety of Gin on offer, but was driving so had a coffee. ☕

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Reserved a table only half an hour before we arrived. We haven't eaten here for quite a while and was not disappointed on our return.. Great meals all round with huge portions..Staff very polite and efficient. We left rhe pub full and happy..

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Have eaten here many times and have brought family and friends and no one has been disapointed. Food is always fresh and served hot.. landlord and waiting staff are always warm welcoming especially the 2 ladies working on Sundays which is our normal day to go

Reviewed 18 March 2018

Been to this pub a few times over a number of years for casual business meetings, pleasant environment but visited today as a family and not a place I would shout about if you have children under 14. If you do have children under 14, you're sat in one of two smaller rooms. One room is great, log fire, cosy but if you're sat in the other, its cold and lifeless to the rest of the pub.

Food is average, had Sunday roast but potatoes were burnt, I mean jet black. The meet (both beef and pork) was pre-sliced type from wholesale which was ok but when you have award winning butchers down the road, you'd think they'd make the most of that and the rest just ok. They used frozen fish fingers, chips and peas for the childrens' meal which was ok but obviously nothing special.

The bar man was really helpful and happy to serve including the young waitress who took our order so couldn't fault them.

Real shame, they could be onto a winner with this place. I'm not saying its terrible but the food is average and lets it down.

Chris H, Owner at Eliot Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

I’m very sorry you were disappointed with your food. We are very well known for our Sunday lunch as you can see from other reviews. I can assure you that we most certainly do not use pre sliced meat. All our meat is sourced from philip warren and son butchers in Launceston. As for the frozen fish fingers I don’t know what to say on the matter.
If you would like to call me at the pub I will be more than welcome to discuss this with you.
Regards
Chris Hume

Reviewed 18 March 2018

Visited Saturday lunchtime, our party ordered the rump steak sandwich and the gammon /cheese sandwich. Oh my life this was a meal in itself thoroughly enjoyed. This is a gem of a local oldy worldly pub absolutely recommend . Staff were very helpful and friendly but not in your face .