“Doubletree Puntarenas-Thumbs up”

Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in El Roble
Reviewed 11 September 2017

We had a lovely week in Puntarenas at the Doubletree. The rainy season was not as rainy as we feared and it was delightful. Costa Rica is an incredible country with so much to do and see. The location worked out well for us. The view from the rooms was outstanding, the staff was very accommodating. It made for a lovely vacation

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Check in was nice. People were friendly as a whole. Maids did a nice job keeping rooms clean etc. Restaurant- Always nice welcome and seating. After initial water and drinks given, no one ever ask if they can help you with another drink or water etc. You had to always ask and get attention to do so or just get yourself. It was as if initial service good and then they just forget about you except to take your plate. Also, when taking plates, if you are going to take the silver ware at an all you can eat buffet, please bring more silverware! Not once did this happen and had to always find someone to get more. The first day we were there and went to snack bar. Honestly one of the weirdest and not good experiences I have ever had at a hotel. As the cooks did not speak any English (odd considering menu in English as well as Spanish) it was difficult. I understand we are in a Spanish speaking country. Finally ordered a cheese burger as did my son to make it easy as anything else seemed to just be difficult. I have never ever had a cheeseburger given to me with the burger and then a piece of american cheese IN THE WRAPPER, placed on top of the bun cold! Bartender at poolside in main area- I asked for a Mojito. I literally watched him place the soda water and lime parts in with no fresh mint mixed and put NO ALCOHOL in and give it to me! Stephen - Poolside server Premium area. He was the nicest and best staff person at the hotel without a doubt!! He was very friendly, genuine, and wanted to help however he could. Besides Stephens help the weakest drinks I have ever had- Honestly watered-down - really not acceptable. Food at restaurant was fine. Breakfast very good. Lots of little issues such as broken tiles, chipping paint etc. Needs updates and improvements. This place could be awesome. But as it stands now, it needs some help. Beach area- Forget it. If you stay here, go to other beaches. I hate writing poor reviews, but this place could be SO MUCH better with just some simple easy to fix things done. Not what I expected from a Doubletree.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank dmckay22
DoubletreePuntarenas, Manager at Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Dear Dmckay22:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Resort, for us each guest's contribution is a quite valuable, since our main goal is for each guest to have a great experience.

Our intention is to offer the highest quality service and convenience to all our valued guests during each visit, so, your feedback is vital important in our commitment of satisfaction

Also, I have shared your positive comments with the Management Team about the great service from Staff they was very nice and friendly and always tried to help and special attention you received from our, and I am glad to hear how they transmitted the essence of the Doubletree Hospitality.

Ricardo Rodriguez Gil
Gerente General

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Do not miss this country...the land itself is magical and the people are warm and welcoming... the Hilton resort was beautiful and the staff was incredible!!! We would visit again in a heartbeat...what are you waiting for, book now!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

We went another couple and had a great time. This resort is definitely family oriented, so if you're looking for a party atmosphere this is not the place. The stafff is extremely nice and accommodating. I definitely recommend upgrading the room to premium service. This included acess to a private pool, poolside service, fancy dinner and champagne etc. and these rooms have better views. The breakfast is awesome. I highly recommend going to he spa ! So serene, peaceful and professional.

We Also got engaged here so I'll never forget this resort ;)

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2017

I stayed there with my boyfriend for two nights in August (off season, one weekend night one week night). the Staff was super friendly, from reception to the cleaning staff.
We stayed in a bottom floor room in the first building, the balcony opened up directly to the beach, but do not leave your room from that door, you can't close it from the outside...

the room was clean, I would like them to have dark set of towels (cosmetics/makeup towels) since they complained that I got some makeup on the white towel... :(

the food was OK not super varied, but OK, if you go during the weeks it's great, otherwise people will bump into each other trying to reach for the food. during non-normal food hours they have a snack bar that server burgers fries ant Pizza which was ok...

I got caught by a team trying to sell us time shared vacation and lost about 2 hours of my time ( my fault) they showed us one of the "fancy" apartments and it was dirty, old and smelled like mold. so don't stay there.

the pools are varied, large and clean, even with a ton of people inside you will find a quiet spot.

To walk on the beach you should bring shoes, and I don't think anyone gets in to the water, since its very dark and lots of huge waves.

all in all it was a good stay, I don't think i'd stay again, I think after being there 2 days you've seen it all.

Room Tip: rooms in building 1 are quiet, there's also a separate pool for this building.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
10.9 km away
Hotel Tioga
Hotel Tioga
#13 of 21 in Punta Arenas

Been to Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica

Address: El Roble 171-400 Puntarenas, El Roble, Punta Arenas 5400, Costa Rica (Formerly Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Costa Rica - Puntarenas)
Region: Costa Rica > Province of Puntarenas > Punta Arenas > El Roble
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in El Roble
Price Range: RM753 - RM1,443 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica 3.5*
The closest all-inclusive resort to San Jose! Doubletree Resort by Hilton Costa Rica - Central Pacific is a modern, full-amenity, all-inclusive resort hotel. This beachfront Costa Rica Hilton hotel is perfectly situated on the Central Pacific region outside the port city of Puntarenas, Costa Rica. Located only 50 minutes West of Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO) and the Costa Rican capital city of San Jose, and two hours south of Liberia International Airport (LIR). Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner served daily. Snacks and drinks available all day long. Two a-la-carte restaurants open for dinner. All-day activities for adults, teenagers or children, nightly entertainment and lounge. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Doubletree Resort By Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica Hotel El Roble
Doubletree El Roble
Doubletree Hotel By
Hilton El Roble
El Roble Hilton
Doubletree Resort By Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica Province Of Puntarenas, Central America