US$99
Puerto Azul Boutique Resort & Marina(Punta Arenas)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$115
Costa del Sol Restaurante & Hotel(Puerto Caldera)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 23/07
US$64
  • Beachfront
Hotel Alamar(Punta Arenas)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$69
Hotel Las Brisas(Punta Arenas)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$118
US$95
  • Breakfast included
3,020 results
All reviewsseafood restaurantcosta ricasan josezip liningdouble treenachostortuga islandcentral pacificnegative reviewslounge chairsarenal volcanorented a cartour guidehamburgeropen airhour drivekeep in mind
Reviewed 11 September 2017

Check in was nice. People were friendly as a whole. Maids did a nice job keeping rooms clean etc. Restaurant- Always nice welcome and seating. After initial water and drinks given, no one ever ask if they can help you with another drink or water etc. You had to always ask and get attention to do so or just get yourself. It was as if initial service good and then they just forget about you except to take your plate. Also, when taking plates, if you are going to take the silver ware at an all you can eat buffet, please bring more silverware! Not once did this happen and had to always find someone to get more. The first day we were there and went to snack bar. Honestly one of the weirdest and not good experiences I have ever had at a hotel. As the cooks did not speak any English (odd considering menu in English as well as Spanish) it was difficult. I understand we are in a Spanish speaking country. Finally ordered a cheese burger as did my son to make it easy as anything else seemed to just be difficult. I have never ever had a cheeseburger given to me with the burger and then a piece of american cheese IN THE WRAPPER, placed on top of the bun cold! Bartender at poolside in main area- I asked for a Mojito. I literally watched him place the soda water and lime parts in with no fresh mint mixed and put NO ALCOHOL in and give it to me! Stephen - Poolside server Premium area. He was the nicest and best staff person at the hotel without a doubt!! He was very friendly, genuine, and wanted to help however he could. Besides Stephens help the weakest drinks I have ever had- Honestly watered-down - really not acceptable. Food at restaurant was fine. Breakfast very good. Lots of little issues such as broken tiles, chipping paint etc. Needs updates and improvements. This place could be awesome. But as it stands now, it needs some help. Beach area- Forget it. If you stay here, go to other beaches. I hate writing poor reviews, but this place could be SO MUCH better with just some simple easy to fix things done. Not what I expected from a Doubletree.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
2  Thank dmckay22
DoubletreePuntarenas, Manager at Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Dear Dmckay22:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Resort, for us each guest's contribution is a quite valuable, since our main goal is for each guest to have a great experience.

Our intention is to offer the highest quality service and convenience to all our valued guests during each visit, so, your feedback is vital important in our commitment of satisfaction

Also, I have shared your positive comments with the Management Team about the great service from Staff they was very nice and friendly and always tried to help and special attention you received from our, and I am glad to hear how they transmitted the essence of the Doubletree Hospitality.

Ricardo Rodriguez Gil
Gerente General

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Do not miss this country...the land itself is magical and the people are warm and welcoming... the Hilton resort was beautiful and the staff was incredible!!! We would visit again in a heartbeat...what are you waiting for, book now!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

We went another couple and had a great time. This resort is definitely family oriented, so if you're looking for a party atmosphere this is not the place. The stafff is extremely nice and accommodating. I definitely recommend upgrading the room to premium service. This included acess to a private pool, poolside service, fancy dinner and champagne etc. and these rooms have better views. The breakfast is awesome. I highly recommend going to he spa ! So serene, peaceful and professional.

We Also got engaged here so I'll never forget this resort ;)

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2017

I stayed there with my boyfriend for two nights in August (off season, one weekend night one week night). the Staff was super friendly, from reception to the cleaning staff.
We stayed in a bottom floor room in the first building, the balcony opened up directly to the beach, but do not leave your room from that door, you can't close it from the outside...

the room was clean, I would like them to have dark set of towels (cosmetics/makeup towels) since they complained that I got some makeup on the white towel... :(

the food was OK not super varied, but OK, if you go during the weeks it's great, otherwise people will bump into each other trying to reach for the food. during non-normal food hours they have a snack bar that server burgers fries ant Pizza which was ok...

I got caught by a team trying to sell us time shared vacation and lost about 2 hours of my time ( my fault) they showed us one of the "fancy" apartments and it was dirty, old and smelled like mold. so don't stay there.

the pools are varied, large and clean, even with a ton of people inside you will find a quiet spot.

To walk on the beach you should bring shoes, and I don't think anyone gets in to the water, since its very dark and lots of huge waves.

all in all it was a good stay, I don't think i'd stay again, I think after being there 2 days you've seen it all.

Room Tip: rooms in building 1 are quiet, there's also a separate pool for this building.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nathalie R
Reviewed 5 September 2017

First, Nathalie is the best guest services coordinator on the planet. My wife and I treated like royalty. We were never told no. The staff made up for minor imperfections with the facility. If you choose excursions ask for Arenas Travel and the best drivers PERIOD. Jairo Gonzalez and Ronald Molina. The men were punctual; ensured we were safe, informed, professional, and felt like family. Roll with Jairo and Ronald for a complete Costa Rican experience or walk!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple