“Best Chifrio”

Chery's Bar and Grill
Ranked #4 of 4 Restaurants in El Roble
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Reviewed 18 July 2015

Best Chifrio we had in CR. Not many places offer this meal. Place has nothing particular from outside but great food. Cash only

Reviewed 6 January 2015

My favorite restaurant for bocas.... The chifrijo is delicious, you will have to ask for the super chifrijo, the menu has lots of different choices for you, and I believe you will love it.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Definitely try the fried plantains. The bean dip is what makes the dish. We had such a nice lunch that we came back on our return through Alajuela.

Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

Like others, was pointed to Chery's as a guest at La Rosa de America hotel. Just a few steps from the hotel, the service was attentive and friendly and the food delicious. You can tell it's a local hangout, but the staff went far to make a guest feel welcome. The portions are generous, and the value superb. Excellent dinner.

2  Thank heydurham
Reviewed 4 April 2013

I was surprised when I didn't find this place on TA on a trip a couple of years ago. Now I know why - it is listed under a different city than what I thought it would be listed under. Maybe somebody locally can confirm whether this is in El Roble, or Alajuela. It is a shame for people traveling to Alajuela not to know this place is here - especially those staying at the nearby hotels.

As stated earlier - went here a couple of years ago (2010) and came by this place. I think we went 3 times in 2 days it was so good. A friendly staff, excellent and good value food and a smiling, easy-going server make for a great little place.

Fast forward 3 years and we're back in Alajuela. Glad to see nothing has changed, and if anything has gotten better. Spent a nice leisurely lunch here on the outside patio. They have really excellent ceviche.

The restaurant is now non-smoking (I think all restaurants in CR are now), and there is some parking in front of the rest. and along the street. A good mix of locals and tourists.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

1  Thank Sciz_Milson