“Modern makeover but lacking in menu choice”
Review of Grill In The Park

Grill In The Park
Reserve with OpenTable
Grill In The Park is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 28 Restaurants in Worsley
Price range: US$17 - US$54
Description: The Grill in the Park restaurant Worsley, located within the Marriott Worsley Park Hotel and Country Club offers a range of dishes, from classic steaks and fresh seafood to pasta dishes and sharing plates. With a contemporary new look, relaxed atmosphere and attentive service there is something for everybody, whether it is a dinner with friends, a business meeting or a family celebration, Grill in the Park Worsley offers the perfect atmosphere, service and food for any occasion.
Reviewed 8 October 2017

Having eaten here many times in it's previous format we visited with friends recently on a Saturday evening. The chimney bar was very pleasant as always for first drinks.

The restaurant has undergone a modern makeover with some comfortable booths for a more private dining experience.

What surprised me most was the lack of choice on the menu which is not compatible with its location within a five star hotel. It is good if you are choosing something from the grill (burgers, steaks etc.) but I wouldn't rate this as the fine dining experience that it used to be. I have had better food in its previous incarnation.

On a busy Saturday evening, however the service was very attentive from young and well trained staff.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and I used the hotel as a base for doing day trips west and south of Manchester and always looked forward to returning to the restaurant each evening for a wide selection on the dinner menu and a very attentive staff.
The breakfast buffets was also plentiful with many selections.

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

A very stylish decorated restaurant situated in the Marriott Hotel.
Very efficient and pleasant staff who could not do enough for the customers.
Those are the positives taken from the visit.
The food was extremely overpriced and very disappointing.
The menu was limited in choice not what you would expect for the prices charged.
the rack of ribs were more bone and fat than meat really poor quality.
The brisket starter was tasteless.
A very poor experience.
There are better grills and smokehouse experience nearby that provide better quality menu choice and food.
Had higher expectations as the Sunday Carvery served at the Marriott is sublime best in the area.

1  Thank Lyndon T
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

This was our first visit here, and I was pleasantly surprised at the value for money, i was expecting the prices to be a little higher from the look of the restaurant and level of professionalism we received. I loved the food and will definitely be returning soon.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

I have visited the restaurant on several occasions but never for Sunday lunch so thought that I would give it a try.
When I telephoned the day before to make the reservation a lovely young man took the call whose name escapes me (Stefan??Ben??).
I asked him if there were Vegan options available at Sunday lunch. He informed me that there was soup and/or salad to start, a mushroom risotto for main. He stated that the on-site Pastry chef was Vegan and (on request) would make me a suitable dessert.
I mentioned that Chocolate mousse was my favourite and he said that he would ask the Pastry Chef what she could do and get back to me. He rang me shortly afterwards and said that she had kindly agreed to make the mousse.
I thought this was a nice touch and was very pleased at the exceptional customer service I received.
When my friend and I arrived at the restaurant on Sunday afternoon we were given a warm and friendly greeting by a pretty young girl named Olivia.
Olivia was our server throughout and was polite, friendly, helpful and professional.
All of the food was yummy, well presented using good quality ingredients.
The place itself is decorated to a high standard, spotlessly clean with a nice atmosphere.
I look forward to visiting again in the near future.