“Gorgeous food!!!”

Lugana Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 28 Restaurants in Worsley
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

We live like yards from this place and who'd have thought such treasure would be so close! So we ate here on the 6th October with a family member who was visiting us. We had various starters including bruschetta, meatballs, butternut squash soup, calamari and a tomato & mozerella salad which were just wonderful! Every bite was delish! We also ordered a garlic bread and garlic bread with tomato on top. My GOD they are Good! I didn't ask the question but my guess is that they use a real pizza oven looking at the base. They tasted amazing!! For mains I had linguine Bolognese, which was a rather filling portion!! Delicious!! Rest of our table had the lasagne x 2, Bolognese x 1, carbonara x 1. Absolutely beautiful food! Service was very attentive and efficient. Desserts were crémé brulée, panacotta and ice cream for the kids. I honestly havebi say that this was the best Italian food we've had since our trip to Venice in May! Absolutely faultless! Thank you for an amazing time!

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and I were looking for a different type menu after traveling the week around NW Manchester.
We found Lugana on Trip Advisor. The staff was very gracious and helpful explaining the menu. We started with the antipasto and pizza bread which could have made a full meal. We did not finish it making so we could enjoy the main course of lasagna and cannelloni. We were both glad we did.
Their tomato sauce is not typical red and may surprise you when presented. It was wonderful. Fresh salad greens followed by sorbet made the meal great.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

As I have said on other reviews “I don’t really do Italian”, but my partner and I visited Lugana for a second time last Sunday as our previous visit had been very good. On our first visit I had the sirloin steak in a chilli sauce but this time around we fancied something simple like a pizza. So I had the pizza piccante and my partner had a straight forward margherita, both were very, very good; we finished off by sharing chocolate profiteroles as we had done on our previous visit because they are just heavenly. It is also important for me to mention that all our food was served in good time by the excellent staff and the portion sizes are really quite good.
On the menu is a fillet steak with a brandy and green peppercorn sauce and it’s got my name all over it, but it will have to wait till Christmas or some other special occasion because Laguna is not cheap. On the face of it the prices seem quite reasonable but drinks are expensive and soon rack the bill up; however this doesn’t seem to put people off as there have been times recently when I couldn’t get a table so best to book in advance especially at the weekend. The main entrance is at the rear as is the parking and there is a small flight of steps, there is another entrance/exit on the adjacent side on the main road which I am fairly sure is level ground.
So I guess thanks to Laguna I now do, do Italian and role on Christmas.

1  Thank lowry2015
Reviewed 17 September 2017

We chose to dine here based on the TripAdvisor description that Lugana had GF options and indeed the menu referred to having GF pizza bases and GF pasta.
Firstly, the staff at the restaurant are very pleasant and welcoming, the ambience is quite nice too and parking is easy if you're travelling by car.
We checked with our waiter that they could offer fully GF versions of the items we ordered and were told "yes, it has no bread in it" - this should have rung alarm bells!
We ordered 2 starters and 2 mains - one of which was a pizza which we were assured would be GF. The texture of the pizza base suggested it was made with GF flour and my wife really enjoyed it, however within 3 or so hours, she knew she'd ingested wheat or barley gluten and has had an horrendous 24 hours since.

I'd recommend the restaurant to those with no food or dietary requirements, however if you are Coeliac, stay clear as there really is nothing that would be safe on the menu.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

The food is excellent here, a lovely place to have dinner and the service is very friendly.
We dine here in the week taking advantage of the excellent fixed price menu and at the weekend on the full menu, both high quality food, highly recommended.

1  Thank bernie s