“Quick stop for a drink”
Review of Bure Park Farm

Bure Park Farm
Ranked #54 of 111 Restaurants in Bicester
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stopped here Saturday night enroute to our Travelodge. A typical Marston pub, we particularly liked the outdoor seating but regrettably couldn't use it with the constant rain!

The prices were reasonable, toilets were clean, plenty of seats.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Arrived Tues. evening at 5.15 pm. Very quiet, just a few customers. Looked for someone as we wanted a table for two. No sign of restaurant staff, so we sat down in full view and began to peruse the menu. After 15 minutes, we decided to leave. Two bar staff didn't even notice we had come in then left without ordering. The point is, where is the service? If I have to run around looking for staff and asking if it's ok to sit and order, what next? Cook my own meal? Come on Bure, sharpen up. You were once so good.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was going to be a 3 star review (marked down simply based on the fact we had to chase for a children’s menu and no crayons were available... plus the children’s area needs a little TLC) but unfortunately my partners meal (a medium cooked mixed grill - see photo) was not cooked right. After finishing his rump steak, and lamb (both cooked lovely) he went to tuck into his pork chop! It was raw..... we informed the waitress, told her we didn’t want any fuss, that the rest of the food was cooked beautifully but just to give the chef a heads up he had undercooked the pork (majorly) ... as we were packing to leave the waitress came to inform us the chef had said that was the steak not the pork! A) even if so it was requested medium not raw!(which the piece of cow resembling meat was) b) we are sorry we didn’t realise rump steak came on a chop bone and c) what was above mentioned cow resembling meat then?
Lesson....maybe don’t fob off and lie to your customers and you may not get someone who doesn’t often feel the need to review unless it’s outstanding, write this one!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

The review under this one was also me, around about 6 weeks ago and I must say what a delightful change I found this time! Plenty of staff and CHARLOTTE was an absolute charm! Not only to us but all the surrounding tables thought she was just an absolute delight! To try and sound somewhat 2018 I believe the kids would say pang! (I think that means good!) keep up the good work and keep employing the likes of Charlotte and you will continue to please.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Nice little pub and the staff are friendly but management really need to look at the staff numbers and training, there is always one guy running about trying to do everything as the other staff are either non existent or not trained to deal with issues that arise..... I fear you will lose all good staff if you continue to overwork them, Shame