“Great food, restaurant freezing”
Review of Pizza Express

Pizza Express
Ranked #39 of 115 Restaurants in Bicester
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We booked a table for 4 on Saturday night as we were having a family break away for Easter. On arrival we were shown to our table and felt the service and food both excellent.
The only problem is that every time someone open the door, the restaurant (and particularly the window tables where we were sitting) was like sitting in a chiller cabinet.

We paid using tesco clubcard vouchers with no problems at all.

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

We choose to eat here over other PE ‘s in the area. The staff are always pleasant the place clean the food always perfect and on time.
Yes it’s a standard PE but it’s special to us.

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

My wife & I booked a table online for a Friday evening. On arrival they did not have our booking but after a bit of a fluster they showed us to a table.

The staff were friendly and cheerful so I hate to be critical but this restaurant seems below par for Pizza Express who I have known as a premium smart Pizza restaurant chain. We sat for 5 mins, looked at the scruffy furniture & decor, looked at the food on the floor from previous diners, the low ceilings that give it a bit of an oppressive feel in my view and considered how cold it was in the room.

We decided we did not want to spend our precious Friday evening out without our kids in this environment so we left and went to Pizza Express Oxford where we did find a nice smart, clean, airy restaurant with modern furniture, fast service etc.

Pizza Express Pizzas are the same everywhere (including Waitrose) so the surroundings and service in their restaurants are the variables I judge them on. This Bicester branch is well below par in my view. The regional management should think about this. Again sorry to the staff for my criticism as I’m sure they work very hard and try hard to give a good experience. In my view their company is letting them and their customers down.

Reviewed 31 January 2018

Visiting the area, we decided to try this on a late Sunday evening, so at that time it was quiet with not many diners in.
We were delighted with the service, greeted amicably at the door and our server was a lovely young man who remained attentive throughout. Our food (lasagne / cannelloni) was tasty and flavourful, and arrived farily promptly considering it was cooked freshly.
We enjoyed our visit and told our server and also the manager so. He did mention that it can get very busy and, judging by other reviews, this may cause problems for others, but we had no such problem. Indeed, although the time of visit (late evening) was the same as the previous evening we had spent at another establishement, the two experiences were a stark contrast as we had a poor meal at the other one - PE Bicester was by far much more pleasant and we would happily eat there again.

Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

Nice atmosphere and cosy decor but service was very slow. Drinks are so over priced, a Kopperberg cider was £6.50!!!!
Pizza was good but lack of other meals to choose from.