The Sitwell Arms Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sandpiper Hotel(Chesterfield)
Casa Hotel(Chesterfield)
View Hotel
All reviewshoneymoon suitewild boarwedding packagelounge barfood was lovelyjacuzzi bathplenty of parkingevening buffetfried breadwedding breakfastfull englishthe pubfour poster bedbirthday partybar menucouldn't faultcooked breakfast
Reviewed 21 July 2016

Stayed here 5 nights for business, won't be back unfortunately if I can avoid it. Shame as could have been a great place. Nice looking building and grounds, gym etc. Very dated rooms, up on the top floor in the roof space - steer clear on a hot night. No sleep due to noise and temperature with window open. No AC of course, but we are in Sheffield. Food was average and service wasn't great. Saw four tables get served with incorrect meals - one after the other. Sign on the 1970's bathroom saying leave towells on floor to be changed, which I did after 3 days of use, found it back on the rail still wet. Nice! And the shower was almost unusable. To top it off wifi stopped working - now I can understand someone not being technical but refusing to turn it off and on again in case it doesn't work afterwards - "it doesn't work now love!" I said - you can't make it worse. No sign of any recognisable management to deal with the many issues we saw in 5 days. Disappointing.

Room Tip: Don't stay in top floor single rooms, especially during hot periods.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank DaveAndStefGlobeTrot
Reviewed 9 July 2016

I needed to stop off on way south on M1 and this hotel was on special offer at £35 for a single. If I'd paid much more I'd be more critical, but it did the job perfectly. The receptionist was v friendly and helpful when my satnav took me to the wrong place about a mile or so away (apparently this wasn't an isolated case, so beware). Other guests were making noise in the corridor until early morning, but that could happen anywhere. Grounds looked lovely but I had no time to explore them.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank maggie44_11
Reviewed 27 June 2016

Called for a late pre-booked Father's Day lunch (2.30pm sitting). The service was good, and the food is always passable - never great, but always somewhere between good & okay. There were six of us (two kids, four adults) and all enjoyed it.

The only issue was we were given a table right next to the entertainment - a lovely bloke banging out old rat-pack classics, but the issue was it was rather loud, and he was virtually sat in my lap!!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2016 via mobile

Visited the Sitwell arms with friends for an evening meal.We didn't have to book for a table at 7 o'clock,and the dining area was not busy.Overall,the quality of the food could only be classed as average.Following a longer than expected wait for our food to arrive at our table,the food was hot,but basic pub food was the general consensus on the four plates that were served.I chose the pork and apple burger,but would question the pricing policy owing to the fact that you have to pay separately for the burger,the bun,any relishes,indeed,every separate item,and the chips.Quite odd indeed.As we were waiting for,and indeed eating our meal,there were customers complaining about their food,which was a factor in us not using the dessert menu.The beer was well kept and acceptable.To summarise, reasonably priced food,but quality could be improved.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 June 2016 via mobile

Stayed for one night with my husband. The grounds are beautiful, the rooms were a little dated but very clean and spacious. All of the staff were amazing, they could not do enough for you. Definitely worth the price and would definitely recommend!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple