“Amazing!”

Giufa Bistrot
Ranked #6 of 103 Restaurants in Avola
Price range: US$12 - US$29
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

I'm actually filling out this review as I sit on the terrace of this incredible little bistro. The chef/owners ethos is simple flavours done well. Apart from the fact that you literally sit across from the beach and if you sit outside a nice breeze comes through, the flavors were outstanding! I had the grilled prawns and my husband had the swordfish fusilli with eggplant and ricotta. My prawns were fat and full of flavor. The pasta had a beautiful sauce and everything was cooked perfectly. This is a must try if you come to this area, can not recommend enough and wish we had time to come here and eat again!!

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is in a great location by the beach. Food and drinks are very good. The staff are very nice and the view from here is amazing. We dined here twice when we were in the area. I wuld go back again. Well done!

1  Thank Liz K
Reviewed 29 June 2017

We enjoyed an amazing seafood platter to start, with huge, fresh helpings of squid, prawn, tuna, salmon and oyster. My husband followed that with a seafood risotto which he loved. Wine was good but not exceptional. Unfortunately I ordered the swordfish gratin, which was quite poor. The swordfish itself was more or less tasteless and had a bit of a funny texture; the breadcrumbs were soggy and it was burnt in places. It was a bit of a shame because we really enjoyed our meal otherwise! Still worth a trip for the seafood platter.

Reviewed 14 May 2017

My husband and I lucked into lunch at Giufa Bistro during a recent trip to Sicily. It is a modern bistro with a porch and tables offering stunning views out to sea and along the coast. But the food... we ordered the fried fish plate (10 euros) and a grilled fish plate that included a good sized piece of swordfish, two huge prawns and grilled squid. Also a grilled vegetable plate. All of the food was fresh, well cooked and nicely presented. Service was terrific and friendly. One of the best value and best non-pasta meals we had in two weeks in Sicily. There is a full beer and wine service but since we were driving a ways we did not order alcohol. Good coffee and a varied menu. Definitely would return!

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

The service was great, the people were super friends and the food was delicious! Fully recommended! We have been there twice and will go again!