All reviewswedding breakfastwedding venuemaster of ceremoniesperfect wedding daybridal suitepot roastdance floorperfect venuebride and groomdaughters weddingamazing weddingdream weddingour daughter and son in laweverything ran smoothlysingle guestexclusive usefollowing morning
Reviewed 3 June 2017

This was the 4th wedding we had attended this year so we had others to compare this to and sadly we were disappointed with the whole experience.
The venue itself looked amazing and the room we were given was very in style with the building, although it was on the top floor and there was no lift so there were a lot of stairs to negotiate.
The ceremony took place outside and this was lovely, the bride looked beautiful and the bridesmaids. However from then on it went downhill. Photographs took forever! Food was very late being served and we were all starving by the time we were called in, so hungry we could have eaten anything, but didn't because the food was not very good. The soup was powdery, the vegetables were frozen not fresh so were mushy and the roast potatoes were so hard you needed a chisel to cut them.
In the evening the small bar closed and to get to the other bar you had to negotiate the dance floor, difficult if you were carrying drinks. The music from th dj was terrible, but then this could have been the brides choice. No one let us know that the evening food was being served so it was not till 10pm that we'd found out and went to get food, this was a hog roast but the meat was tasteless and even with it piled on it was just the bread you could taste.
Slept ok in the room and went down to breakfast, which was ok but failed to notice the little cards on the table saying we could ask for different eggs so had the set breakfast which was served by the staff so the potions were small.
Overall the main issues were the lack of communication about what was going on and the quality of the food. Anyone with disabilities needs to be aware that there are stairs and no lift.
However despite all of this the bride and groom loved their day so that is what is important, but I much prefer the last venue we went to.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank bac2thesun
bcherrington, Owner at Rowton Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2017

Dear bac2thesun
Please do not feel the need to apologise for the fact that you were disappointed with your recent visit to us here at Rowton Castle, and I would like to offer my sincere apologies that this was the case.

Firstly, may I thank you for your kind words regarding the “amazing venue”, and “lovely ceremony outside”.

I was sorry to read that the food did not meet your expectations. As you can see from other reviews, we pride ourselves in meeting and exceeding people’s expectations in this regard. I can assure you that all our ingredients for the wedding feast are prepared fresh on the premises, vegetables are not frozen, and whether for the wedding or breakfast the following morning, guests never leave us feeling hungry. Specifically regarding the breakfast the following morning, we offer a buffet style breakfast to ensure that people enjoy as much or as little as they wish. The staff assist with the service to offer a personal touch, but no one is declined the opportunity for a larger portion or a return for seconds. If anything, we are normally told that the portions are over generous. I was also sorry to read that you overlooked the A5 menu cards on the tables, showing the little options available to compliment the buffet of full English and continental offerings.

Regarding the Hog Roast, we source the pigs from a local farmer no more than five miles from the castle. It is delivered, prepared and cooked on our premises by our team on the day, seasoned with a selection of herbs and spices, several of which are grown here at the castle. Unlike a lot of other venues, we chose to cook and serve a whole pig rather than pork joints, and both the theatre of carving and flavour delivered from this is second to none. With the fabulous crackling and accompanying items, it truly is a perfect way to serve hungry evening guests at a wedding. The serving of the Hog Roast will have been announced by the DJ, however I am sorry that you were not made aware of this, and that it did not meet with your expectations.

Rest assured that everything you have raised will be reviewed to see if there is anything we can improve going forward. As a business, if we do not listen to peoples concerns, we would be very wrong.

Regarding the other elements you raise, most of those unfortunately are either outside of our control, or choices that were made by the bride and groom.

At weddings, photographs generally take a little while, this is obviously influenced by the photographer, their style, and their brief from the happy couple.

I am sorry to read that the DJ was not to your taste, but as you quite rightly say this will have been the brides choice. Certainly, with the ones we recommend, the feedback is always that they are amazing, but as with any DJ, they need to play by their brief and for the majority, sometimes to the frustration of the few.

With regard to the small cocktail bar, we give the option to couples as to how long this remains open in the evening. With our Exclusively Yours package, where the castle is reserved exclusively for invited family and friends, the cocktail bar reopens after the wedding feast serving a selection of cocktails to commence the evening celebrations. We are then guided by the happy couple as to whether they wish for that bar to remain open, or whether they would like the finale to the evening to be served by just the main bar, adding to the atmosphere and celebrations as the evening draws to a close.

Also with Exclusively Yours, included are all 19 period bedrooms within the castle, and I am delighted you liked yours. We are very open in our wedding viewings and literature that unfortunately due to the Grade II* listing of the castle, we do not have a lift. I am sorry that the bride and groom chose to locate you on the second floor, if your preference would have been to be on the first floor. We have configured our wedding day process to accommodate guests with mobility issues, and have a nearby business we recommend for fully equipped access bedrooms to assist with the overnight stay. We even facilitate a complimentary breakfast the following morning for the individual or couple who for mobility reasons have to choose this option.

I am delighted that you say the bride and groom loved their day, but it is our mission to try and ensure every guest enjoys themselves equally as much. Hosting over 220 weddings a year means that this may be an unrealistic mission, but rest assured we will not stop trying. We will discuss as a team every point that you raise, good or bad, to see if we can tweak any little details to improve our offerings further, and if you did return in the future, I would hope that you would view the experience differently.

With very best wishes

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

If I were able to write 10 pages in this review I would not be able to capture or fully reflect out perfect experience at this venue
The excellent planning , organisation and attention to detail prior to the wedding day is only surpassed by the execution of the plan
All guests were welcomed and check in was easy. The staff team in the day delivered a marvellous experience in terms of the ceremony, the food , the wine and the entertainment
Food was amazing and everyone's dietary requirements were met as planned
Nothing was too much trouble and without a doubt this was the best wedding venue I have been to
Thank you for all of your hard work and thank you for making a special day " extra " special
Keith and Karen

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank keith w
bcherrington, Owner at Rowton Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2017

Dear Keith & Karen
Thank you for your fabulous review regarding your recent wedding with us here at Rowton Castle.
We work tirelessly to adapt and fine tune our offerings to ensure the Rowton experience is as enjoyable and as stress free as possible; I am delighted we succeeded with this.
It was particularly nice to read that check-in was "easy". As such a popular Exclusively Yours venue, we host many weddings on consecutive days, and we are proud that couples arrive unaware that there was a wedding the previous day, enjoying a warm welcome.
Thank you once again for entrusting us with your wedding day, and we very much hope to welcome you back in the future.
With very best wishes

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

My husband and I got married here on 26th May 2017 and we couldn't have asked for anything more! The staff were incredible, Keith and Polly were attentive throughout the whole day and nothing was too much trouble! There was never an empty glass and they did all of the thinking for us, meaning our day was stress free. Absolutely perfect venue and location, we would highly recommend it to anyone thinking of getting married here! Thank you for making our day so special!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Charlee A
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your recent wedding with us here at Rowton Castle.
It was our absolute pleasure to take care of you, your family and friends, and I am delighted that all elements of the day met and exceeded your expectations.
Thank you also for your recommendation for other couples. Entrusting a wedding venue with your big day is a huge decision, and hopefully having read your review, couples will at least pick up the telephone, and come and see for themselves the uniquely warm welcome and beautiful surroundings Rowton Castle has to offer!
With very best wishes to you and your family

Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

Mr &a Mrs Manning would like to Thank all staff at Rowton Castle for making our day as perfect as possible. Our wedding started the day before when we arrived at the beautiful tower house, this was such a perfect touch for the night before our wedding it was very special. On the morning of the wedding Nichola and Claire arrived for our hair and makeup, I highly recommend both of these lovely ladies they are very professional and made everybody feel at ease, we all looked and felt amazing. My master of ceremonies was Gareth, what an amazing,friendly,Down to earth and such a delightful person he is. Nothing was too much and that goes for every member of staff there, thank you to you all you where amazing each and every one of you, we can't praise you more. All our guests have said what an amazing time they had and this was Because of Rowton Castle. Everything about our day was perfect!! The food was delicious and the service here is outstanding. Our photography was done by John Poole who is very laid back and such a joy to have around, he was just amazing our pictures are absolutely beautiful and will cherish them along with our memories of that special day. Will Tudor is an amazing DJ too, the dance floor was never clear everybody was dancing all night, we also had the bejewelled LoVE letters and LED dance floor, adding these to our wedding just made it that bit more special and we have some beautiful pictures too. When I was looking for my venue for our wedding this is the only place I visited and from walking in to meeting the staff my experience started there I can not thank you all enough for making our wedding day so special and we will never forget what a very special day you gave us from start to finish. Any brides out there look no further this is the venue of a lifetime and the most outstanding service you will ever find. Thank You again Rowton Team x

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
bcherrington, Owner at Rowton Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2017

Dear Mr & Mrs Manning
Thank you so much for your very kind words regarding your recent wedding with us here at Rowton Castle. It is always a pleasure to read that we as a team have contributed so positively towards your special day. However, you are right to praise the contribution of some of the professionals that support and work along side us here at the castle, affording couples the reassurance that the process of planing and enjoying the day is as smooth as possible. Claire & Nichola (hair and makeup), John Poole (photography), and Will Tudor (DJ and finishing touches) will all be delighted to have warranted a special mention.
It was lovely to note that you very much enjoyed the Orchard Suite and Tower House for the night before the wedding, and relaxed preparations the morning of the wedding. This facility ensures the bridal party wake the morning of the wedding, refreshed and ready for the day to unfold.
We thank you once again, and offer our very best wishes to you and all your family for the future.

Reviewed 16 May 2017

If you are looking for a Destination Wedding or Even a family event then this is the place. When our daughter first came to us and told us that her and her fiance wanted to have their wedding in England, and in A Castle We had mixed emotions. Our daughters fiance is from England. The two met in their first year of college both soccer players and they have been together 10 years. They wanted to be able to have his family attend and she wanted her fairy tale Wedding. We were skeptical at first and concerned about the cost of course. We agreed and the rest is history. The venue was Amazing. There are 19 rooms in the Castle. They are amazing each room decorated differently. We had confirmed I believe 43 guests. The guests were from all over. They came from Chicago, California, Arizona, England, Kentucky. Every single guest stated it was the most Amazing and beautiful wedding they have ever been to, they also stated the Rowton Castle was an experience they will never forget. The staff made sure that each and every need of our guest was taken care of. They made sure that all the details of the wedding were taken care of. There was food for days and if you went hungry then it was your own fault. The wedding was the two day all inclusive wedding. The Castle was only occupied by our Wedding party and Guests. The first evening after the tea which was held in a very quaint room with tea sandwiches and deserts which were very tasty. In the evening was a dinner, drinking and dancing and games. The following morning was a breakfast, the day of the wedding. My daughters bridal suite was stocked with food for the Bridesmaids . The Weather help up perfectly that day a little cool but sunny and the Wedding Ceremony was amazing. The dinner followed. The room were the reception was held was beautifully decorated and the dinner was amazing. After the reception was more drinking and dancing and more food and then the traditional fish and chips as a late night snack. The Castle has a history and its what you can imagine when you think Castle, however its the staff that also made sure the experience is one we would never forget. Each and every detail was taken care of. You never know how a destination wedding is going to go, but they made sure everything was just right. I especially want to thank Kieth. He was in Charge in making sure that everything went right and that everything was taken care of and ran smoothly. He went above and beyond. He even learned all of our names and made the event feel very personal. My daughter called Kieth our wedding planner and I think he is more like the Wedding Genius. I am not kidding when I say he went above and beyond in making sure my daughters Wedding would be the Wedding that our guests and family will be talking about for years to come. All of the guests talked about Kieth and how amazing he was. All the staff was amazing I should say, but Kieth made sure that we were taken care of and treated us like Royalty. My family will always appreciate Kieth for making my Daughters and son In Laws Wedding so special. i want to add that the Cost was worth every penny of it. The Cost was really reasonable for what
was included. Our older daughter was married in the stated and we paid about eight thousand dollars more. Most of the people who attended the wedding took off after the wedding to tour around Europe. I just want to thank Rowton Castle for helping to create the most beautiful memories for my daughter and for my family. A very Special Thank You to Keith for making us all feel special and for all the Special Attention he gave us.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Alba012345

Dear Alba012345
What can I say! It was our absolute pleasure, and thank you so much for having faith in us to support you daughter and her fiance with their wish to marry at Rowton Castle. We have the honour of hosting a number of weddings a year from all over the world, a responsibility we do not take lightly, but for you to say that your well travelled family and friends believed it was the "best wedding they had ever been to" and "an experience they will never forget" makes us truly delighted. The whole team will beam with pride when they read your review.
Your recommendation to other couples looking for a destination wedding in the UK, highlighting the option to enjoy the castle and its surroundings exclusively for two days, is very much appreciated.
Should you return to the UK in the future, we would be delighted to welcome you back to Rowton Castle, and we offer our very best wishes to you and every member of your family for the future.