“Breathtaking views and tranquility”
other travellers have booked this property
terrace garden
kitchen
sleeping room
sleeping room
bathroom
the beautiful fine sandy beach of Balestrate
Beach of Balestrate
Gulf of Castellammare
sunset
spring 2013 garden Casa Santo
garden Casa Santo
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
akhill
Surrey
“Good location, but that's about it”
Reviewed 20 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013
people found this review helpful

I would have liked to give more than 2/5 for this place, as Girolamo was most helpful when our car broke down on the first day. Unfortunately, Andrea made us feel like an imposition from the moment we met.

For some reason, rather than giving directions to the house, we had to meet outside a restaurant with extremely limited parking. She was then late, so my wife and daughter went in to get some takeaway pizza, since it was rather late and we had been travelling for some time. Andrea told me quite clearly that she had better things to do than wait, so we left immediately, without pizza, even though we had already paid for it, just to keep her happy.

On the second day, the gas bottle for the cooker ran out. Who rents out a house with an empty gas bottle? So, I called Andrea, but they were out, and back in "an hour". Of course they were much longer than that. Tell that to my 3 year old daughter whom I was trying to feed.

Then the toilet broke (refused to flush). Apparently this was our fault for not telling them. Then a few days later it broke again, so we told them. That time, it seemed to be our fault for not pressing the button repeatedly to stop it. She was more interested that we had accidentally left a light on than actually fixing the problem.

The website claims the house has air-conditioning. The main bedroom has a very noisy air-conditioner, but that's it. It also claims there is WiFi. I saw a piece of paper mentioning it was 5 euros a week, but with no further information on how to use it, and I couldn't really bring myself to speak to Andrea to find out. Also, the TV channels were entirely in German, and that was only after I fixed the cable between the TV and receiver.

Lastly, we had to pay 40 euros on arrival for "cleaning". You would think that this would be part of the rent. It should be noted that THE HOUSE WAS NEVER CLEANED whilst we were there.

So, in summary, it's a great location to explore western Sicily, but if you want someone friendly, go somewhere else.

Liked best: Location.
Liked least: Andrea.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
29 Aug 2013
I am very sorry, that you didn’t feel good. Until today all our holiday visitors were very happy to stay in our house Casa Santo.

Now I have to clear the fact.
To be honest my family and me we were really shocked when you left and we saw in the bed room 2 beer bottles with the crucifixes inside upsite down (you put the crucifixes from the walls) and you left the house in very bad conditions! – never happened before.
Now to your arriving:
I think you know, that the house is in an olive tree garden outside of Balestrate – no street name.
You can’t find it the first time – for this the meeting point – parking place of the Pizzeria Ristorante at the
entrance of Balestrate – the meeting point is very easy to find.
Your arriving was with a delay from more than one hour , but you didn’t called me to tell it, that you are arriving later. When you called, that you are at the meeting point I was there within five minutes, but I couldn’t see a family with a little child – there was only one man – I walked up and down on the parking place – then I called you and you was the man. I asked “Where is the other part of your family?” you answered – “they are in the Pizzeria to ordering pizzas” – it was very busy in the pizzeria and there was a long time to wait for to get the pizzas – I didn’t had the time to wait at the parking place about half hour or more for the pizzas – the house is a 3
minutes driving away from Balestrate and restaurants and I think you could return there without me.
The next day – you have had problem with the car and we looked for a cable to start the car – it didn’t work.
So we drove with our car to do the shopping together with you in a supermarket in Balestrate – we returned to your house and then
I went back to Balestrate to look for a auto mechanic for the car – I spent the morning for you – and I was a pleasure for me to help you. And now you are writing that we didn’t wait for you for the Pizza – this is not o.k. – to make us down in this way.
Girolamo spent 4 hours for you! And when it is necessary we are helping – it’s normal for us.
We gave your daughter beach toys. Every day we spoke with your daughter – perhaps we are the neighbors of the house Casa Santo.
When the gas bottle is nearly empty – we can’t see it. And we have always a full one at home. But just at this
moment, when the gas bottle was empty we weren’t at home, so you had to wait for us. I said in one hour, but we came in one hour and 15 minutes . But for making a tea – there is a water boiler and also there is an electric oven in the house.

The problem with the toilet had nobody – only you and we don’t know why.
It's very strange! The whole time the water was flowing (we know it, perhaps the water motor is close to our house and we could hear the noice of the water motor) . It’s really strange. The lights in the house were never switched off – so I had to say something.

I saw you every day and I have said every day buongiorno so you could have asked for wifi password.

The cleaning fee Euro 40 is for the cleaning after stay – we don’t offer a daily cleaning.
You stayed 2 weeks stay and it is impossible to think that we are cleaning every day ( 14 days) for Euro 40,00
I think this is logical
The house was clean by your arriving.
kelly s
canvey
“Breathtaking views and tranquility”
Reviewed 18 June 2013 for a stay in June 2013
person found this review helpful

My fiance and I had a wonderful week in this place. The owners were very friendly and extremely helpful. Waking up to glorious sunshine,their friendly cockeral and beautiful mountain and sea views. Everything we wanted to visit was within easy driving distance. Corleone,Segesta,Erice, Monreale and Palermo to name just a few. I would recommend this villa for pure relaxation and romantic evenings drinking wine and watching the sunset from the rooftop.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The peace and quiet
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 7 January 2013 for a stay in December 2012

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location of appartment in the middle of olive trees and lemon plantations.
Liked least: Nothing to mention. Overall satisfaction was very high.
Travelling group: Extended Family
People with disabilities Older travelers
Llanelli, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2012 for a stay in June 2012

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and friendly hosts
Liked least: Can't fault it.
Travelling group: Other
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Balestrate, Italy
Reviewed 25 March 2012 for a stay in February 2012
person found this review helpful

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The quiet location with lots of privacy and central to everything
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
US$29
/ Night
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing