“Steak frites”

Cafe Rouge
Ranked #73 of 541 Restaurants in Trafford
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Café Rouge is located on the first floor in The Orient - Europe's largest food court. Paying homage to the nearby Manchester Ship Canal, The Orient is themed on a steam ship, and the design incorporates influences from around the world, including China, New Orleans, Italy and Morocco. Our restaurant is a little taste of Paris, with its leather banquettes and spacious outdoor seats. A perfect place to rest after all that retail therapy! Offering Breakfast, Lunch, Diner, Afternoon Tea and Coffee and Cakes ! Come, relax and unwind!
Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

Popped in for lunch on a voucher deal. The service was very good and the food was delicious. What more can you ask. Recommended especially on a deal

Reviewed 18 October 2016

Despite booking a table when we arrived we were told there was a 45 minute wait for any food. I cannot understand why they would continue allowing people to sit down who had not booked if they could not handle the bookings they had. When we did sit down, the table was dirty and the soft drinks tasted cheap. I returned my Cola and asked to swap for a lemonade which was only slightly better and came with a dirty look from the bar maid.

The restaurant was actually not that busy, there appeared to be ample staff for the amount of customers however they didn't appear to have the best training.

We ordered 2 steaks, when they finally came we are very disappointed. The steak was very thin and the chips cold. We ordered medium/rare and received well done. We also ordered peppercorn sauce (for an extra charge) which was around a table spoon full in a tiny dish.

Overall it was terrible from start to finish. We left hungry and will not be returning.

1  Thank travellingdogheads
Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

We visited Cafe Rouge this evening and were very disappointed. We should have guessed it wasn't going to be good before we entered. It was virtually the only restaurant without a queue and was very quiet.
Firstly there was no Diet Coke. Then we waited nearly 30 for our meals to arrive. Everything was straight from the freezer and microwaved. The overall quality was very poor and not worth the very high prices. The green beans were inedible. No actual cooking had been done to present our meals.
We definately won't be back!

Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

I have visited this restaurant quite a few times and me personally have enjoyed every meal I have ate here. However during my last visit, the people I were with didn't enjoy their meal as much. Staff are nice and friendly though and a good place to use clubcard vouchers.

john_cafe_rouge, Guest Relations Manager at Cafe Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2016

Thanks Rosie for letting us know of your recent visit - we do value all guest feedback and are pleased to hear that for you this visit was as good as previous visits. I am unable to respond to your further comments as you give no details for the rest of your party.

Thanks again for letting us know. best wishes

Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

First time eating here must say really good the service was decent enough up sold on the breads which was nice and starter of the French onion soup was delicious I had steak which was okay but needed some onion rings to go with my wife had the chicken which she enjoyed not badly priced either for three courses and three drinks would I return in the future yes I would

john_cafe_rouge, Guest Relations Manager at Cafe Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2016

Thanks Lee for your review - it is always great to hear that a guest will be returning again based on their recent experience with us. Welcome to Cafe Rouge, we are so pleased your first visit was a good one. Thanks again for letting us know, and we look forward to you visiting again soon. Best wishes