“Pleasantly Surprised”

Silk Cottage
Ranked #6 of 52 Restaurants in Cumbernauld
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Buffet style Oriental and European food.
Reviewed 16 July 2017

Stopped here yesterday after being unable to get a last minute table at either the Cotton or Tea House.

Must say I was pleasantly surprised, after not expecting much when we pulled up. Restaurant is very nice inside (looks a bit shabby from the outside) and the staff were all very welcoming. We got there at 5pm and were the only people in the place, which didn't seem like a good sign, however the place was pretty full by the time we left. We ate from the pre-theatre menu, and have to say I thought it was fantastic value at £13.50 for 3 courses.

We had Satay, Ribs, Beef, Curry and everything was very good, as was the rice and noodles.

Will definitely stop in again.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Had eaten here a couple of times and found the food nice. Was there tonight and had a starter and main course. The chicken and sweet corn soup was OK however lacked salt for me. We waited a while for the mains which was strange on a quiet Tuesday night. My wife's sizzling prawn satay wasn't sizzling and I had to send my chicken dish back as it was barely warm. I could have excused the wait and inexperienced staff but the combination spoiled it to be honest. I was astounded they asked if I wanted to leave a tip despite no one making any apology or comment about having to re heat my dish. I'm generally not a complainer and always tip; not tonight and I won't be back.

Reviewed 11 June 2017

Was in on Saturday night,friendly staff apart from older waitress she was not nice. Chicken fried rice was far to salty. . Nothing taken off bill after complaint..

Reviewed 3 June 2017

I must have been here about half a dozen times since my last review and I must say it is very good and getting better. The staff are friendly and quick. The restaurant is spotless with proper tablecloths. The meals are very tasty and all at a very good price.

Only thing is parking is a bit limited and for some reason you have to exit through the Shell forecourt to get back onto the main road.. but that's not the restaurant's fault.

If you are in the area, give it a try and I don't think you will be disappointed.

Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

This restaurant serves authentic Chinese food well above the normal standard but is also very reasonably priced. Staff are very friendly and helpful too.