“Mother's day”
Review of Smiddy Inn

Smiddy Inn
Ranked #7 of 52 Restaurants in Cumbernauld
Reviewed 29 March 2017

After a nice walk with my daughter, grandson and my daughter's dog on mother's day we stopped in at the smiddy to see if we could have a wee bit lunch. After enquiring about the dog we found we could take him into the beer garden and have something to eat and a coffee. Our food was very good and reasonably priced. I will be back ☕

SmiddyInn, General Manager at Smiddy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2017

Thanks very much, we are really glad you enjoyed your visit and we hope to see you soon!

There are newer reviews for Smiddy Inn

Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

Door staff are a joke!. Watched our group of 4 girls get out a taxi & it drive away, for us walk to the door to be told it was "full to capacity". I Asked them to speak to the manager as they were aware that we were coming as we were regulars & it was a birthday. He Refused. In the time we stood about 11 people left so we asked if we could go in. Again refused. I asked why he didnt let us know before the taxi drove away to which he made a cheeky comment. We waited 30 mins in the rain to be picked back up & headed down to a far better pub in kilsyth. Will certainly not be rushing back.

SmiddyInn, General Manager at Smiddy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2017

I am sorry that you were unable to gain entry on Friday night. We stopped admitting customers at 9.45pm as we had reached the number of people our Fire licence allows. This is a matter of health and safety for both guests, our team behind the bar and on the doors as I am sure you will understand. Even had you spoken to the manager on duty the situation would be the same. I agree that the steward on duty should have let you know that the door was closed before your taxi left and I can assure you I will address this. On the matter of the management team knowing you were coming - All of our bookings for the evening were in the business and seated at the tables which had been reserved for them, as stated the doors were shut from 9.45 pm and we do not take table bookings after 9pm and had fulfilled all reservations.

Once again my apologies and if you choose to visit again on a Friday I would advise being in before 9pm as we are an extremely busy Pub.

Many Thanks

Mark

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

The food is lovely and there is a good atmosphere. I've been for lunch and for an evening both enjoyable. The staff are helpful and friendly.

1  Thank Loristack
SmiddyInn, General Manager at Smiddy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2017

Thanks very much. Hope to see you again soon!!

Reviewed 14 February 2017

It's an ok pub friendly staff,let down by some of the neds that go there,food is nice could do with upgrading seats and tables

Thanks for your review. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 31 January 2017 via mobile

My first visit here and I was impressed with the food, the prices and the service. Everything arrived quickly and good quality for the price.
My only criticism is that there was sport showing at the time we were in. I understand that you need to cater for all but just wondering if there could be an area reserved for sport and one reserved for dining.
Apart from that great place that we'll be back to.

1  Thank Jenny B