Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$191
eDreamsUS$191
Vio.comUS$191
TripadvisorUS$191
Etrip
StayForLong
All reviews bamboo room live music owners john costa rica breakfast area new owners beautiful ocean a wonderful stay feel right at home boutique hotel scarlet macaws you will not be disappointed mountains views paradise sink beaches
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 April 2019

My friends Chuck Jackson and Tyler Yarema played at the Bamboo Club attached to the Alma de Ojochal in February and we went down for the week and stayed at the Hotel. From the begining of arriving our stay was excellent, our room was outstanding and we looked out to the ocean every day. The Bamboo Club severed great food and the service was above reproach. The business family made our stay something to talk about with our friends as a great trip. Sharon and I would like to thank every one at the Hotel Alma de Ojochal and the Bamboo Club. I should mention the music was great including the house band on Friday night.

Room tip: All rooms have a view of the ocean.
Date of stay: February 2019
Reviewed 7 April 2019 via mobile

Our 5th visit to Costa Rica and we stumbled across this gem! Great service very friendly owner so welcoming!! Had king room with a spectacular view. The restaurant Bamboo attaches and definitely worth trying great live music and service too! We would recommend this hotel to all!!

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2019

My wife and I celebrated our 25th anniversary with 8 nights at this wonderful boutique hotel. Waking up each morning to an amazing view from our balcony, delicious breakfast overlooking the pool and the ocean, lazy afternoons sipping a Pina Colada around the pool, and capped with a wonderful evening at the Bamboo room listening to live music while enjoying a delicious home made meal. John and Janet are the consummate hosts that made this magical place that much more special! They have put together a great team on site that caters to your every need, when we sadly left we felt like we were leaving friends behind....we will be back again!

Room tip: Great views from all rooms, the view from ours (Room 1) was spectacular!
Date of stay: March 2019
Reviewed 24 March 2019

My husband and I stayed at the Alma de Ojochal for a few nights while visiting friends in Costa Rica. The view was stunning, the rooms were clean with an outdoor balcony, there was a peaceful outdoor pool, The Bamboo Room Bar was a few short steps away where the meals and the entertainment were outstanding. We would highly recommend including the Alma de Ojochal as a place to stay while in Costa Rica.

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed 18 March 2019

I just kept taking pictures of the pool and the surroundings. It is magical. One of the best sunsets of my whole trip. John and Janet have nailed this. Room- smart, really nice to go back to. wonderful patio with amazing view. the breakfast is spot on- perfect. But the best part is the live music and the vibe created at night in the connected restaurant bar. Really good music and a fun environment. I can't say enough about this property. Super- value also. I have great memories.

Date of stay: March 2019