“Good traditional Indian restaurant”
Review of The Gandhi

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 16 October 2016

I was in the area for work and needed a hot meal, I fancied a curry but didn't want a fancy modern restaurant that focused more on decor than decent food. The Gandhi fit the bill perfectly. It's a cosy small restaurant with seating for around 30 people. Service was great but I did go at the beginning of dinner service so for the most part I was the only customer. The food was great and I especially enjoyed the naan which had some extra crispy burnt bits. Value was good, 2 poppadoms, a naan, butter chicken, rice and a fizzy drink was just over £15. The following night I tried the next door competitors The Raj, find my review of them posted to see who wins my vote.

Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

My fiancé & I visit The Gandhi restaurant fairly regularly.

The food is always cooked to perfection and for a very reasonable price too! Drinks are also very cheap too!

Staff are always very welcoming and attentive.

Restaurant itself has a nice ambience.

Can't wait for our next visit :)

Reviewed 12 September 2016

had a bit of a dodgy day, we all have them, don't we? Anyway, 'fancy an Indian' have to be takeaway, so after a while we came up with a The Ghandi, very pleasant friendly staff, ordered Chicken tikka madras, byriani + 3 other dishes. Whilst we waited we had a drink, lovely cold Cobra, quite pleasant decor and air con. And a long chat with staff.waiting over (not too long) home, Must say this food was very good, we'll be back.Better than others around the town and a ++ free delivery over ? and some offers in the week.

Reviewed 15 July 2016

A good cheapish indian. My local, have been coming here for years and always enjoy the meal. The service can be very slow though, so don't go there if in a hurry.

Reviewed 15 July 2016

Really delicious indian food & good value but the waiting times during busy periods can be slow & also for collection & deliveries of takeaways. We do eat here regularly & is definitely our indian restaurant of choice. Love the indian music playing as well in the background.