“Traditional Indian”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Food was very tasty and if you want a stereotypical old school Indian restaurant this place is for you. Atmosphere was good, decor needs a desperate update but thoroughly enjoyed the food and traditional lime pickle! Reasonably priced, would go back but a lot of competition in the High St

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

I honestly think this is the best Indian food I have ever tasted. I have ordered it from there 50+ and have never been disappointed

Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

4 of us went last night for a change but truely regret it now.
The service was terrible, we had to ask each time for another drink and got the feeling the men didn't want to be there.
The food was okay, but to be honest I have had better takeaways from elsewhere. The food arrived without half of our order and we had to ask where it was.
Then when paying the bill they didn't even say thank you or bye. Definitely needs a lot of improving and would go to the other Indians in Billericay!

Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

Went last night for a birthday meal and the food was great. Big portion sizes. All food was hot and tasted great! We took the leftover food home as it was so nice. Reasonably priced and the staff are very nice.
Will always return.

Reviewed 16 October 2016

I was in the area for work and needed a hot meal, I fancied a curry but didn't want a fancy modern restaurant that focused more on decor than decent food. The Gandhi fit the bill perfectly. It's a cosy small restaurant with seating for around 30 people. Service was great but I did go at the beginning of dinner service so for the most part I was the only customer. The food was great and I especially enjoyed the naan which had some extra crispy burnt bits. Value was good, 2 poppadoms, a naan, butter chicken, rice and a fizzy drink was just over £15. The following night I tried the next door competitors The Raj, find my review of them posted to see who wins my vote.