All reviewsdessertordericeonsendinner
Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

It is a raining day, despite of raining, their staffs are standing outside to control the traffic and welcome our tour coach and us.

Upon arrival, the staffs are very friendly and many female hotel staffs rush out to help pushing our luggages into the lobby! Impressed with the female hotel staffs each of them push two luggages at a time with smile. Appaluse and deeply thank them.

Check-in is fast. Tatami big bedroom.
As usually during dinner they will come into the room to lay our beds.

The buffet style dinner was sumptious. Lots of sashimi was served. Especially the salmons were very very fresh. Yummy! All of us praise it. Heard from my teammates comments that Tampura is good and the beefs are fresh and soft.

The desserts are nice too - Tiramisu mousse cake, custard cake and mini ice jelly with cut fruits are very refreshing.

After dinner, rested for an hour or two, we proceeded to the Onsen. They have indoor and outdoor Onsen.
It closed at 1am. Female & Male Onsen will swop everyday at different floor level in-order for guest to enjoy different view. Better double check with the front desk staff on Onsen availability. Early morning is open at 5am. It has beautiful waterfall view, etc. Nice onsen with full equip.

I would say that it is an excellent Hot Spring Hotel to stay in. If still have chance, I definitely will come to Tateshina Grand Hotel Takinoya again. Excellent ! ***** 5 STARS

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2016

The room with private bath is good and can be adjusted the water temperature as you like. All mini bar items are free and replenish daily. The hotel staffs are nice and try the best to communicate with us in English.

Room Tip: the room with private bath
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2016

We stayed at this hotel during our tour of Tohoku, Japan.

Check-in was smooth without any problems.

The room was a Japanese-style room with a low table and two chairs placed at the centre. The room, bathroom and toilet were quite small, typical of most Japanese-style rooms.

After putting down my suitcase, I changed into a yukata and went down to the onsen. The onsen was quite big. After soaking in the warm water for about ten minutes, I took a shower and went to dinner.

Dinner was a traditional multi-course Japanese dinner (kaiseki). The food was delicious especially the beef served on a hot plate, the grilled chicken with glutinous rice, and the tuna sashimi. The dessert, sweet ice jelly with fruits, was refreshing.

Since there was no Internet access in the room, I went to the hotel lobby to read my emails using the hotel lobby’s wireless network.

When I went back to the room, the hotel staff had already moved the low table to one side of the room and laid out the futon (Japanese mattress). The futon was comfortable and I slept well.

The next morning, I had breakfast at the breakfast room. Breakfast was buffet with Japanese and Western dishes. The Japanese dishes were quite tasty.

Service was attentive. Although most of the staff did not understand English and I could only say a couple of words in Japanese, I had no problems communicating with them.

I enjoyed my one night stay at Takinoyu and will definitely stay here again the next time I am in Tendo.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nelumbo-Nucifera
Reviewed 16 November 2015

When we came here by bus I was expecting to have a kind of capsule hotel, nothing further from true, hotel is very nice and large!, rooms are huge, Japanese style, my only issue was about smokers room, I think there is no smoking free room at least in my floor, maybe Im wrong but company paid for and I knew accomodations where limited, but honestly was bearable. wifi is free but poor.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 August 2015

Takinoyu hotel is one of the best onsen hotels in Tendo, yamagata. Very close to the main street and you could easily got a midnight snack in a nearby convenience store in this quiet neighborhood.
I did my morning jogging everyday, then jumped into their decent onsens: one indoor, one outdoor. The indoor onsen could fit over 20 peoples, while maximum occupancy is 10.
everyday, from 3:00pm -7:00pm, front desk will offer eggs, you could cook them in a designated onsen(hot water well) after your afternoon spa.
last but the least, the garden is very beautiful with a skillfully designed koi pond.

Stayed: August 2015