All reviews amenities choice brazil business city service
Reviewed 17 June 2018

During a recent business trip I stayed at the Mogano Hôtel in Chepéco, Santa Catarina State, Brazil. From the airport it’s a 20 minute drive by taxi at a reasonable rate (~35$ US). The hotel is rather well situated in proximity of the center of the city. This is a rather modern hotel with all the amenities and rooms are rather spacious, very clean and beds are comfortable. The personnel is professional and offer a kind and friendly service. The price of a night is more than affordable (less than 125$ US) and includes breakfast. The next morning I was leaving very early (before 6am) and I was offered to have a special breakfast box as the restaurant opens at 6am (if my memory serves me right). Albeit I did not take the offer of a boxed breakfast but it was greatly appreciated. This sort of service is often not available even in much more expensive venues. Another strong point of this hotel is that for a business traveller wifi connectivity, strength and reliability is a must nowadays. At this hotel no worries, wifi service is more than adequate.

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed 26 April 2016

The hotel is located in the center of the town close to the restaurant and bar area.
It has a good parking facility. the staff is very friendly and some of them speak English.
there is a free Wifi connection available.
the rooms are spacious and clean and have air conditioning.
The breakfast is very nice and well taken care of.
The staff was very helpful.
top hotel.

Date of stay: April 2016
Reviewed 5 April 2016

Knowing the other options in city, I can tell this is one of the best. PROS: brand new, nice brekky, good gym. CONS: no pool.

Chapeco is quite an easy city to move around so location was ok to me. No one should have problems if needs to move in the city centre.

Room tip: Brand new rooms
Date of stay: February 2016
Reviewed 16 June 2015

While I didn't stay here again (stayed at a nearby hotel), I did specifically walk here to eat at the restaurant for their pasta dish I love. As I had heard they are busy renovating this hotel to take care of the mold problem, I asked to see a couple rooms for a future trip. Both rooms they showed me had no trace of mold smell and were freshly redone. One room smelled faintly of fresh paint as if it had been repainted in the past month. It appears they are also adding on a new wing. I would be willing to try this hotel again, insisting on moving if there is any hint of mold or heavily perfumed air freshener present upon check in.

Date of stay: March 2015
Reviewed 16 September 2014

My stay at the Mogano Premium began with a request for the WiFi password to immediately start looking for other hotels. I was supposed to spend the week at the hotel, but it was cut short due to the unbearing smell of mold and mildew that is attempted to be covered up by an overbearing perfume. The first night in Chapeco, I could hear what only sounded like drops of water hitting something inside of the walls. I requested to change rooms to one with hardwood floors and no carpet. This helps a little bit, however I still fear for the smell of my clothes and luggage upon leaving this godforsaken mold pit. If you stay in Chapeco, go absolutely anywhere else.

Date of stay: September 2014