Lowest prices for your stay
US$87
US$87
Trip.com
US$86
Hotels.comUS$87
TravelocityUS$87
Agoda.comUS$92
All reviews hot water mosquito net diving center two storey sea view walking street pad thai fans chill bungalow eco thailand beach resort boats concept shelves
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 July 2020 via mobile

After travelling around the Trang Islands for 2 weeks in low/covid Season, Castaway was a little slice of paradise for my family. The bungalows are very basic (cold water and fan only) but they are spotlessly clean and in beautifully maintained grounds right next to the beach. Watching the spectacular sunrises from our bed was something special. There are also multiple places to chill and sit (something that we have found lacking in many resorts in Thailand). I'm now a hammock convert! In short, if you want a simple and relaxed stay, I can't recommend Castaway enough

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Anna D
Reviewed 10 July 2020

I spent some days at this place. I booked a bungalow with garden views but still managed to sea a little bit of the sea since it was on the second line. It was pretty basic but clean. I liked how cozy it was, also the bed and pillows were comfy. I disliked how hot it was inside, there's a fan on the ceiling but it was very slow and I could barely feel the air, so after requesting it I got a standing fan which made such a difference. There is NO fan downstairs where the bathroom is located.
They should get rid of the towels and bedsheets, they are so old and even though they had been washed they just didn't smell good, because it is time to change them. Bedsheets also were hard and had some permanent stains on them.
Location in Sunrise Beach was good. WiFi was nonexistent, in case you need it, don't count on it. There is a very cool restaurant with several sitting areas. During my stay they did not serve food (low season) but we could bring it from outside and eat it there. No chance to refill my bottle of water at the resort and if you buy it there it's very expensive, so it's better if you buy it at the 7/11.
The member of the staff who I dealt with during my stay, Nut, was very helpful and attentive and he always had a smile. I have to clarify that I went during the low season, right beginning of July when the island reopened after the Covid. Therefore, I had a good deal and I'm satisfied with what I paid. But I wouldn't book this place in high season and I wouldn't recommend it either since prices are way too high for what you get. (I live in Thailand and I checked them a few times plus I was in Koh Lipe a few months ago).
Lastly, there's also a small diving shop but the guy who works there (not sure if he was the manager) let's say he was not very welcoming. Despite being a diver I decided not to dive with Castaway Resort. I would recommend Ko Lipe Diving School instead.

Date of stay: July 2020
1  Thank Lostintranslation_77
Reviewed 22 April 2020

Nice place by the beach, very peaceful, simple but nice bungalow, good restaurant and bar, good vibe.
The room is confortable and clean.
The staff is freindly and speaks English
And resort beach is simply amazing.

I recommend that place to stay when you visit Koh Lipe

2  Thank mrpeuss
Reviewed 19 April 2020

This place is amazing. The taff arw lovely, accommodation is nice and comfortable and the setting couldn't be more beautiful. Food is delicious. Wi-Fi was intermittent at times, but that is the only slight fault of this place. Can't wait to go back.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 March 2020

Castaway surprises in everything: the incredible atmosphere, the wooden bungalows, the food (one of the best we ate in Asia), the kind staff, the concern for the environment, the location (in front of Sunrise Beach, the best Koh Lipe beach). We spent 4 incredible days there, and every morning we woke up early to watch the sun rise (don't miss this chance!). Every detail there is thought out with great care, which makes the experience even better. Inside the resort there is a diving agency and kayak and accessories rental, massage space and yoga classes (I did it early, after sunrise, and it was amazing). Every day there is happy hour in the late afternoon, with several drink options. We highly recommend it if you are looking for beautiful days of rest in a true paradise!

2  Thank divagandopelomundo