Lowest prices for your stay
US$150
US$170
Vio.com
US$101
Hotels.comUS$150
TravelocityUS$150
Trip.comUS$110
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 May 2018

Do not stay here.

Rats enter your bungalow at night. Every night. Stray dogs on the beach, and garbage all over the island, even on the dirt road just in front of the resort.

Most absurd is that I had to fight for weeks to get an invoice. And actually what they gave me isn't an invoice at all.

To be fair: The staff is great. They do their best, and do so many extra things to make you feel welcome. The beach is lovely. And as bungalows go, these are some of the nicest on the island.

The "bar" is only staffed sporadically in the late afternoon. There is no restaurant.

I will not return, and I will continue to fight to get a proper invoice.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank kalkarman
Reviewed 1 May 2018

First and foremost, this resort wrongly describes itself as a hotel. It would be more accurate to define it as a guest house, with a total of five villas.

For the best: Sawan probably offers one of the best views of Koh Lipe from any villa. And what a view! Perched above Sunset beach, overlooking a calm sea, it is easy to stay there enjoying creation at its best. And of course, you walk down to the beach, which is probably the nicest one on the island.

Second browny point: the staff is exceedingly friendly, and tries its best, but severely lacks training.

Lastly, the rooms, while a bit worn out, are comfortable. Mosquito nets work, beds are nice, there is hot water (for the bath, not the shower).

Now onto the worst: there is no F&B, although the hotel tries. Well, of course, you can order drinks, and they will be served with a huge smile. But the food is not there. The staff observed that one of our children had ordered a burger upon arrival. We were treated by burgers for breakfast in the room the next day. A very nice initiative, but which fell short of its desired effect. The burgers were left untouched, and were waiting for us upon our return late afternoon. One advise: if you want to have breakfast in your room, simply state what you want the day before, and given how friendly the staff is, it will likely be served (keep it simple though...).

Pataya beach is a short 10mn walk, and offers many F&B options. Walking street is a further 5mn. If you feel lazy, a tuk tuk will take you there in no time. But you want to have your main meals out, no doubt.

You will be offered a wifi box if you want, which does the job.

The hotel organised a snorkeling trip for the family, which is a one-hour trip on a long tail boat: absolutely worth it. Remote island, no tourist whatsover, some corals and many fish. Snorkeling in front of the hotel is also possible (and you can borrow snorkeling equipment), but is not very interesting.

Room tip: Only 5 rooms, and all with a view
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank H2117EQthierryd
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

I wanted to share the effort and the amount of work this resorts staff has put in. It was pouring rain and i left my bag which contained my wallet and passportat the bar which is 10minuites drive on the motercycle. I only realized this when i was already back at the resort but the resort manager went out in the pouring rain to retrieve my passport and wallet.

I could not say thankyou to this man enough the staff at the resort is amazing

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2018

I just got back to the UK from my holiday at sawan resort and felt the need to write a review, I was there for 2 night and it was one of the most relaxing experience of my life. The resort has just been repainted and the staff is really friendly, eventhough their English was not perfect I want to give them credit for trying to understand me and provide me with all my enquiries. Lastly the view from this resort is amazing (see pic attached) did not think something this beautiful exist in this world.

Room tip: any room is fine, from what i was every room has a seaview
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Mr. Hyde:
Normally I make my review of a hotel or restaurant shortly after the stay/ visit. Sawan resort is much more difficult to assess.
I have to let you know that it is very far from the pictures on the internet.
If luxury in terms of nice furniture, nice decorations, good standard of bathrooms, electrical installation and so forth is important to you this is not the right place. Everything is quite worn down and in serious need of maintenance. You won’t find neither spa, restaurants or a well equipped bar. Breakfast is prepared to far away to be hot( eggs, omelet) to be warm when they reach you . Conclusion: From a normal point of view the price is far to high

Dr. Jekyll:
Being back in Denmark and having had some time to think about Sawan Risort we must conclude that this worn down resort probably is the place we loved the best during our 3 weeks tour aroun southern Thailand . Sawan is small, located in some of the most beautiful nature we have seen anywhere in the world. There is a tranquility and ambiance that very quickly invades your soul ( we are not “zen-people) and makes you forget the short comings in luxury. You have the small beach almost to your self and there is a most charming small restaurant at the beach that offers simple, but extremely tasty food for breakfast and lunch. There are not many mosquitoes and you sleep in total silence
In spite of a price that is to high we would probably come back to this resort

Date of stay: March 2018