“5 Star Boutique Hotel! Amazing.”

Terrace Garden Mihama Resort
Reviewed 15 January 2015

I don't normally review hotels. However, I enjoyed my stay at this one so much so that I felt compelled to post an online review. I was very impressed by the quality of my bedroom (1 of 14) that had panoramic views (270 degrees) and 3 balconies. Lucky for me, I was there during Autumn, yet was able to catch spectacular views of my Okinawa sunrise and sunset without leaving my room :-).

One of my favorite things to do was go to the 2nd level (also check-in desk level) and talk to Shinsho Gima who was the bartender. He knows conversational English and because of that reason, I learn quite a bit of useful Japanese from him. Miyaki (or Mizaki) is also another person that speaks great English. She was very helpful with any questions I had in English about the area and/or Bus schedule etc.

There is a a bus stop very close to the front of the hotel (Kuwae Stop). Bus #120 from the Airport will drop you off easily, just ask the driver for Kuwae. Thanks to Miyaki, one day, it was raining and I decided to go to Makishi Street in Naha and the bus took me right there, easily.

Feel free to book into this hotel if you are in Okinawa. I would compare it to one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had, almost akin to the Oberoi groups 5 Star resorts in India.

Also, please try to learn as much Japanese while you are in Japan! It is an awesome language & culture.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Tmial
There are newer reviews for Terrace Garden Mihama Resort

Reviewed 25 November 2014

I was blown away with this place. I stayed on the 5th floor and had a great view of American Village from the wrap around terrace. The room was huge! The staff was very nice and willing to help with anything we needed. My stay included daily breakfast which I would recommend to anyone. Once again an excellent place to stay in the American Village area.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Josh B
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

4th time staying here, and still far superior to the other nearby locations. A true small boutique hotel, 16 rooms with massive steam showers, great private terraces, and the friendliest staff ever, who seem to remember me every time I come back. Now they have WiFi. Only downside is the sound of the speed bikes going down the main drag at night... So pray for rain at night. Book early, they fill up fast.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Michael W
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I stayed here for a week in early February 2014 for business on Kadena Air Base and it was my first trip to Japan. I had heard that the rooms in Japan are generally smaller than in the US. Not here. They are about twice the size of a US hotel room. It was one of the best hotel rooms I've ever stayed in.

It's located right on Highway 58 (the main road) & adjacent to the American Village. It has a direct view of the huge Ferris wheel in the American Village. 5 - 10 min to Gate 1 of the base, depending on traffic. Free parking is on the ground level; reception is on the 2nd Fl. Staff is superb & very helpful. Not much English spoken, but they manage well. The hotel staff went well above & beyond the call of duty to find my colleague a room in another hotel for an extra night, as they were booked.

The hotel has a very modern feel to it w/ Japanese flair - very clean & orderly. The rooms are well appointed and not cluttered. All exterior walls are sliding glass doors which can be opened to your liking for great cross breezes. The balconies are also pretty large and have a table & chairs for hanging outside. I think each room has a small fridge and safe. We had Japanese style breakfast every day - tea, omelet, salad, veggies & bread. Fruit plate for desert. You must request coffee - it's a small cup of strong coffee. I liked it.

The bathroom is just huge. Women will love it (I loved it too). It's in 2 parts. Part 1 - makeup area, sink & toilet w/ heated seat & multiple bidet functions. You may have heard of the "$5,000 Japanese toilet"? - this is it. Part 2 - 2 person jacuzzi, shower area adjacent. Sliding glass doors separate the 2 parts. The usual toiletries & appliances are provided: shampoo, conditioner, hair dryer curling iron. Shower scrub, razor, cotton kit are also provided.

The only negatives were the noise from cars racing on Rt 58 at night - very loud. The beds were a little small for 2 & a little hard also. The TV stations were all Japanese, which may have been a good thing - get out & explore!

I would definitely stay here again but would be prepared for the noise & hard bed. If you're coming from the US, bring a 3 to 2 prong electric adapter - mine had one end wider than the other & fit fine.

Room Tip: Be prepared for auto noise - loud racing engines. Although it has blackout curtains, light from the...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Nick D
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Must be the most expensive hotel in the American Village of Okinawa. Price from HK$1,500 to HK$2,000 without breakfast, but I consider it worths it all!

Room is at least double the size of a 5-star hotel. Two double beds that can sleep 4 people. Large seating area, balcony. Huge bathroom, jacuzzi, you can even dance inside it!!

Included a dinner in the stay plan for around HK$500 per person. 8-9 courses, all made to a very high standard, whatever it is presentation or taste. Again worth the price!

There are only 12 rooms in total, 2 in each floor. There is also a spa room in 2nd floor where you can have a massage in discount but you have to book in advance.

My only complain is that the rattan chair in the room was torn and there are not enough amenities provided like they only provide cups and not a glass, no coffee maker (provided the price they charge).

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatan-cho
0.6 km away
5.2 km away
Okinawa Grand Mer Resort
3.7 km away
EM wellness resort Costa Vista Okinawa hotel & spa
EM wellness resort Costa Vista O...
#1 of 1 in Kitanakagusuku-son

Been to Terrace Garden Mihama Resort? Share your experiences!