“Great interior and good food”
Review of Molino de Palacios

Molino de Palacios
Ranked #5 of 27 Restaurants in Penafiel
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Nice location as an ancient 500 year old mill on the Duero river. Good service with good skills in English. Professional waiters recommended nice seasonal courses outside the menu with very good wine selections. On a Friday it was good we had booked a table in advance.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

After hiking about Penafiel, seeing the castle, and sampling some wine, I wanted a tasty lunch before my siesta. Walked to Molino de Palacios, which was recommended by some people I chatted with at a nearby store. So this area of Spain is famous for its lechazo, but I'd already had that. Thus, I opted for the roast chicken. Great choice! Chicken was roasted perfectly, retaining all the juicy flavor yet with crispy skin. Salad to start was field fresh, too. Add a nice bottle of wine and you have the formula for a great lunch. Staff cheerful and friendly. On the way out, I stopped for a look into the oven. Wow. The real thing, which is what makes Spain a wonderful place to visit.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

We had a lovely lunch in this delightful little restaurant. Arrived at 12:30pm and established through sign language that we could book for 1:30pm. I was also shown their speciality which was baby lamb roasting in their wood oven (a quarter for two people) and I reserved one of those as well. We had a nice mixed salad beforehand, then enjoyed the lamb with the house red wine which was surprisingly good. There was nothing accompanying the lamb other than bread, but this is what we expected. The lamb was superb - fall off the bone tender. We had the curd with figs and the red wine-poached peaches for dessert. The figs were poached in a syrup and the "curd" seemed like double cream to me! The peaches were also delicious. Would happily go back there.

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

It is hidden gem in the city, located on the river itself. Food was super tasty, and decor in the restaurant is really impressive. You can also sit outside and enjoy coffee by the river.
Highly suggested for dinner - lunch!!

Reviewed 7 June 2017

our hotel recommended it, and we loved it. charming place in an old 14th century mill. restaurant sits on top of the river (you can actually see the river through the glass floor). amazingly friendly waitresses. we had the traditional roasted leg of lamb, large enough to serve 3 people. great wines and overall service