“Rude Staff”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Crown Point
Sandy Point Beach Club
Ranked #7 of 20 Crown Point B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 September 2011

When I asked for an extra towel the front office was rude and inconsiderate. We were locked in the beach front room with out notice of where the key was late at night with no light by our door, exposing us to dark areas which could be dangerous. Hotel Manager was even rude when addressing our issues. Rooms were not even close to basic luxary. Old unwrapped soap was left in the shower from previous guest along with hair in the tub. It was a horrible experience, I do not reccommend this hotel for anyone, sorry to say.

Room Tip: Dont stay at this Hotel, a guest house provided better service.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank H J

Reviewed 6 September 2011

My husband and I honeymooned there back in September 2005. The company I worked for at the time owns a timeshare and made it available for staff. I'm glad I took the opportunity to visit there. It was really nice. Nice ambiance, peaceful and romantic feel! The grounds was amazing, really nice scenery. The restaurant wasn't all that but we are from Trinidad so we kind of knew our way around Tobago and visited other restaurants. The place felt secure. The beach is not good for bathing but it was nice to be able to see the beach from the hotel and the pier....lovely. I felt like I didn't want to leave when the week was over.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Brownin
Reviewed 29 August 2011

I have stayed here a couple of times in the past. Once about 18 years ago and then again recently. The place is clean. The facilities are great. The veiws are spectacular. The staff are all very friendly. The gym suck tho. There is an old bike and a threadmill that look very corroded. So if you are planning on getting a work out while there, let it be swimming in the ocean!
The location is walking distance from the airport as well as to Store Bay beach.

Tip- when in tobago, if taking one of the boat tours, try to get a local person to negotiate rates for you. Beware that there are price for locals and a different price for tourists! But its a wonderful place to visit!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank TrailBiker_MD
Reviewed 12 August 2011

My family, [husband, mother, kids and I], visit Tobago every three months. We have a rule that we should never stay at the same place consecutively since we would like to have different experiences. However, this rule changed after staying the first time at this facility.

At the end of the day, if you choose to stay here, you can GUARANTEE

1. Your room will be exceptionally CLEAN
2. Friendly Staff
3. Option for the family - fishing, play area for kids etc
4. Opposed to most places in Tobago, the Pool actually closes at 11pm. So if you're out ALL day enjoying the gorgeous beaches Tobago has to offer, you have the option of soaking in one of four pool options when you return. two of which are warm pools and one a hot tub. There is even a Kiddies Pool not counted :)
5. Fully equipped kitchens
6. Recreational Options - Tennis etc.

In short, I have stayed here more that five times over the past five years. It really appeals to my family and I. It's cozy!
My only disappointment is the check-in and check-out times, but I know the reason so I work around it..
If it's a larger group though, I opt for an actual house for privacy / "limes", but I would recommend Sandy Point Beach Club without hesitation.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
8  Thank ngosine
Reviewed 15 July 2011

We stayed at Sandy Point Beach Club Feb 2010 NOT 2011 for 2 weeks. We knew before we left that we were going to adore the people of Tobago when we saw them in the Olympics. I never asked a question where I did not get a quick response with a smile - that is just how they are. We stayed in a 1 bedroom with a loft with one bathroom. It had all of the ammenities to cook and we used all of them, including the grill outside. Had a great time with the other people relaxing while cooking and getting together afterwards at one of the 3 jacuzzis. We really liked the fact that we rarely saw any young children, probably b/c of the fact that it is so far from U.S. Our daughter was 23. We took full advantage of the resort's 2 shuttles to the 2 completely different beaches and could even go to one and come back, get something to eat and go to the next one and they would come back and get us at 4 p.m. Food at the resort was not the best but there were many within walking distance that were good and not expensive. We enjoyed the Karoke in the evenings and playing pool, shuffleboard (?) next to the HUGE pool. I have a reservation to go back for 2 weeks 2/3 - 2/17/12 and can not wait. My husband was killed in a car accident the morning that we arrived back home in the states and I got calls and cards from several workers and friends I had made while at the resort. I need to go back for closure but am looking forward to doing things I never got to do on that very special trip. The memories will always be close to my heart. Joy

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Grafton Beach Resort
#2 of 2 in Black Rock
0.9 km away
Kariwak Village Holistic Haven and Hotel

Been to Sandy Point Beach Club? Share your experiences!