La Mansion Inn Arenal Hotel
Arenal Lodge(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$114
US$69
  • Breakfast included
Lost Iguana Resort & Spa(Arenal Volcano National Park)
US$143
Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$375
TripAdvisor
Rio Celeste Hideaway Hotel(Tenorio Volcano National Park)
US$139
US$125
  • Breakfast included
Arenal Kioro Suites & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$244
Hotels.com
Linda Vista Hotel(El Castillo)(Great Value!)
US$59
US$55
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Lavas Tacotal(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$57
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Montana de Fuego Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$99
  • Breakfast included
Hotel El Sueno(Santa Elena)
Priceline
All reviewsthe cottageshorses grazingview of the lakeselva leonainfinity poolthe ownersecond bedroomcosta ricale bistrocovered hot tubrolling hillssitting arealate at nightpasta dishesvaried menuhorseback tourday trip
Reviewed 28 December 2015 via mobile

Such nice staff, they are so interested to make sure that you have a nice experience, the rooms are good, the food is simply exquisite. The property is very nice, views etc are very beautiful. It's a bit of a drive to La Fortuna, but every night I looked forward to eating at their Le Bistro restaurant. Very romantic spot.

Stayed: December 2015
1  Thank Keith K
Reviewed 19 December 2015

La Mansion Inn is a magical place. The views are stunning and the cottages are lovely and very comfortable. The on-site restaurant provides a hearty continental breakfast, which is included in the room rate. We've also had some dinners there and the food is excellent. At some point, we will definitely come back for a third time!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mlmdaisy
Reviewed 24 September 2015

Peggy very sorry for the late review.This property sits a bit away from the bustle of Arenal. It consists of cottages, the cottages are very comfortable spacious and well appointed, the air conditioning works well, so do other amenities. The views are expansive, deer and other animals abound. Same go for insects and other pests, so pack accordingly. My guys and I took a guys trip there in off season(end of october) we were practically the only occupants, and the management and staff were there just for us !!
Peggy showed great kindness and consideration for my group. There were two incidents where we mistakenly did not catch dinner in the city, and as the night approached all restaurants had closed. Peggy and her staff were kind enough to stop their poker game so as to open their kitchen and accommodate us for a full meal.!!

That kind of consideration is now lost by most hotels and establishments.
Also when our shoes were made wet by rafting, she swiftly placed then in her dryer to help us out, even though they may have broken the dryer in the process.
This is a place I shall be sure to return and recommend my friends to again.
As with other places in CR you prob should pack your own shampoo and soap, overwhelmingly they provide liquid or dispenser product.
I will still give them 5 stars for the overall experience and generosity.
Peggy thanks again samk from Corona calif.

Room Tip: Pack bug spray and soaps and shampoo as with most places in C.R. you want to take your own.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank finestrod
Reviewed 14 September 2015

We picked La Mansion after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor and were not disappointed. This is a very individual hotel in an extremely peaceful location. The hotel is a collection of spacious cottages which gives you that feeling of home from home. Our cottage would have slept at least 6, although there were only 5 of us in great comfort. There is a living area with a comfy sofa when you walk through the door and a short flight of stairs leads you to the master bed, a corridor which doubles as the bathroom leads you to the second bedroom which had 4 single beds. The view from the front of the cottage is fantastic, over looking lake Arenal, every morning of our stay I was us at dawn sat outside watching all the birds, which included humming birds and a Toucan ( the only one I saw in the wild while in Costa Rica).
There is an open restaurant which our meals in relaxed comfort. The included breakfast is bread/jam/juice/hot drink, if you want more you have to pay extra. We only ate at the restaurant once in the evening, you need to book your evening meal during the day The food was good although I didn't particularly like the cheesecake, it was like no cheesecake I had had before with a layer of sponge on the top, the menu states it comes with cream and icecream, but mine came with neither and when I asked for some, the response I received was "WHAT icecream with cheesecake???" as if I was asking to have gravy on it or something!

There is an outside pool with a large covered hot tub as well both overlooking the lake, you need to request the hot tub to be heated, but we didn't find it particularly warm and a lot of the jets were not working properly.

The highlight of our stay had to be the Selva Leona trip into the rain forest on horseback. It was a real experience and Nikon, our guide is quite a character. This trip is something specific for La Mansion and well worth it for the views, swimming under a waterfall in the rain forest, the horse ride and of course Nikon.

If you are staying here, be careful with the painted path down to the cottages, it is quite slippy, especially if it is raining, most of us fell on it at least once during our 5 day stay. Try the Pizza at Soda Maquengue just along the road from La Mansion, they are excellent and cheap. Also note, it is approximately a 40 minute drive to La Fortuna where most activities are based.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank WiseTreeOwl
Reviewed 16 August 2015

La Mansion reflects the authenticity of Costa Rica. Overlooking Lake Arenal and surrounded by rolling green pastures, the landscape is beautiful. Equally fantastic are the hotel owners and staff. We stayed at La Mansion for 3 nights. During out visit, Peggy and Leo (owners) and staff (Christiano, Sharon and team) welcomed our family, which included our two boys (6 and 10) into their own. The rooms are funky and clean, the food is excellent and the service is impeccable. Everyone shared their wisdom and went beyond expectations to ensure our family had a great Costa Rican experience. If you stay a La Mansion, the Sepulva horseback tour and hike with Nixon is a must. The tour includes a boat ride, horseback ride, hike, swim under a waferfall and lunch prepared by Nixon's wife, Carmen. Views were fanfastic, food was equally good. Nixon is a great guide, knows the countryside like the back of his hand. He was excellent with our children and took safety very seriously. The experience was "real deal" by all accounts. During our tour I lost my cell phone. I gave it up for dead. The next day, Nixon retraced our steps, found the phone and then drove 5 hours around the lake on a motorcycle to return it to me. Unbelievable! Of the three hotels at which we stayed, including the JW Marrriott in Tamarindo, La Mansion was hands down our family's favorite. We will be back!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family