“INCREDIBLE”
other travellers have booked this property
View from the Casa Blanca Entrance Gate
Outdoor Bar
Outdoor Shower near Jacuzzi
Planter off Villa I Patio
Walkway Between Villa I and Villa II
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

apieceoft...
Phoenix, Arizona
“INCREDIBLE”
Reviewed 2 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016
people found this review helpful

Wow wow wow! By far this was the favorite part of our trip to Costa Rica! From the stunning views to the immaculate furnishings, this is the place to be in the rainforest. We absolutely loved our stay at Casablanca. Ty was professional, courteous and went out of his way to make sure we had an amazing experience, hooked us up with all the tours and excursions, and answered our calls every time we needed a recommendation. I spent many days hanging in the hammocks, evenings in the hot tub, and countless memories over that insane lake view. The pictures look amazing but don't even do it justice. Will definitely be back to Casablanca. Thanks Marc & Ty! Pura Vida

Krystal E
“Amazing experience!!”
Reviewed 30 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Casa Blanca villas and staff surpassed my expectations. We didnt really know what to expect upon arrival other than the images displayed on their website, but when we reached the property we were greeted with a breathtaking views, beautiful houses, and very thoughtful accommodations. Ty was very professional and accommodating, very prepared for our arrival. He had endless contacts from tour guides to taxi and shuttle information, and was constantly available to answer our endless questions regardless of the time of day. He helped us set up the various tours we went on from zip lining and waterfall repelling to getting us a table and meet and greet with Chef Eyal at the delicious and world famous restaurant Gingerbread, which is walking distance from the property. Overall, we couldn't have asked for a better person to have introduced us and helped us guide our way through Costa Rica and would definitely recommend staying here to anyone considering a trip to the Arenal area. We will definitely be staying at CasaBlanca again when we come back to visit!!! 10 stars!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
richkniss
Kansas City, Missouri
“Good Arenal Villa!”
Reviewed 13 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016

I've written all of the reviews from our trip but have waited to write this one primarily because I wanted to reflect on my experience before I wrote it. In general, it was mostly good with some "opportunities for improvement". I would stay here again by the way.

I traveled with AZMom2014, and think her review/assessment is accurate but I wanted to add a few comments. FYI, we stayed in Villa 1 (the main house, as I call it).

Pros:
1. The amazing view!
2. The size of the units is great for the price. Lots of room to spread out, both indoors and outdoors. The Villa 1 unit is large enough to host meals and get-togethers for all of the other units.
3. This is a great place for a family retreat.
4. Two more cottages are under construction so it will handle more people.
5.They only book the property for one group, so you have the place to yourselves.
6. The caretaker went out of his way to bring in additional bedding and towels when asked. he also made some great recommendations for activities.
7. I felt very safe in this area. I think there were times we didn't even lock the doors.
8.Gingerbread restaurant at the bottom of the driveway.
9. This place will remind me of the essence of Costa Rica more than our stay in Playa Potrero.

Cons:
1. The place appears to have some vacancies from time to time, as the there was a musty smell when we arrived that dissipated in a few days when the screened and ventilated windows were opened . It stayed in the couch.
2. If you advertise fruit trees and a ping pong table, they should be there. The trees have been removed because of bugs, etc. according to the caretaker. I would not have missed these things if I did not know about it.
3. In July, air conditioning would have been appreciated. This may be my American values which don't apply to Costa Rica. It was certainly tolerable but would have been nice nonetheless and helped with the musty smell.
4. Some of the drawers and doors in the corners of the kitchen could not be opened more than a few inches as they hit one another. That was just frustrating as kitchen utensils were stored in them
5. The "tile" wallpaper backsplash in the kitchen fooled me for the first day, but didn't leave a good impression for me. With real tile, you could raise the rental rate, in my opinion.
6. Keeping a few basics in the kitchen would be helpful (spices, zip lock bags or plastic wrap, etc) that we seem to get in other vacation rentals would have raised the number of stars I give the place. The few small grocery stores in Arenal don't always have everything you need, so you have to shop at multiple stores to get it all, especially if you are planning to prepare meals here. Having items that don't spoil would enhance the experience. Take the hour drive to La Fortuna for a larger grocery store or in Liberia on your way if you know where you are going.
7. If toilet instructions are needed, provide them upon arrival. I learned this is common throughout Costa Rica, but being a first time visitor, I was unaware.
8. In one of the showers, the bathtub is installed backwards, making it a challenge to get in and out safely. The head in the other shower head to be replaced.
8. The large glass doors to the patio were hard to open and could use a little maintenance for them to open easier.

Please understand I really did enjoy our time here and I would stay here again. I just think a few improvements, a little more maintenance/housekeeping, and a few more things to do on property would have made it more memorable. A liltle more anticipation of guests needs and desires would go a long way. I'd would have gladly paid another $50 per night if my comments were addressed. Please do consider this property. It was the best I found after an extensive search for vacation rentals in the area, and you will likely agree.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
31 Aug 2016
Hi Rich and thank you for your review!! We addressed the shower issue in the guest bath of Villa I last week as well as the sticky glass doors. We're always striving for improvement and I've discussed your comments with our property manager and landscaper to address all the above ASAP, we appreciate your input.
Thanks again,
Marc
Gabe S
“Costa Rica Perfection”
Reviewed 2 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Nine of us (two families with 5 kids total) stayed here in July. Marc was super responsive and answered all of my questions before we got there. We stayed in Villa I and Villa II, and both were extremely nice. We really enjoyed the hot tub, the views from the entire property and the hammocks on the deck. Tyler handled all of our questions when we were there, and set us up on a couple awesome adventure tours (rafting, ziplining) in Fortuna. Would highly recommend this place to anyone wanting all the adventure of Costa Rica, without the touristy hotels in Fortuna. Thanks to Tyler and Marc for making our vacation a huge success.

Travelling group: Large Group
Cameron C
Phoenix, Arizona
“Amazing can't even begin to describe the view...”
Reviewed 26 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

My wife and I spent 10 days at Casa Blanca for hour honeymoon and couldn't have been more impressed with the amenities. The main house of Casa Blanca is perched beautifully a top the property and provides views of Lake Arenal that are beyond amazing, and with no obstruction.

We would spend many of our afternoons and evenings just hanging out on the patio, or down in the hammocks to relax and take in the sights and sounds.

One of the many cool features of the property is the bird feeder. There is a stand that you can place freshly cut up fruits (any fruit works, with the exception of bananas) and just sit back and watch the variety of local wildlife fly in for a feast. If you are staying longer than 3 days on the property my suggestion is to begin this practice as soon as possible. The more days in a row you place out fruit, the larger of a variety of birds will show up.

For a tranquil place, that is close to town, the adventures you want, and located above one of the best restaurants in Costa Rica, then look no further than Casa Blanca.

I know we are already excited for our return visit!

Pura Vida!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing