All reviews fish bucket list mud crab mangrove jack threadfin salmon blue water fantastic experience every night great trip second to none prawns coming back different species look forward fantastic hosts awesome food at short notice
Reviewed 31 October 2017

Another wonderful fishing trip to Melville Island. This year I brought my brother up with me and on previous occasions I brought my children who all loved the fishing.
Will be back for my 5th visit next year.
The hospitality is great and cuisine amazing! Thanks - Chris

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank smithy0092017
ClearwaterLodge, Owner at Clearwater Island Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Hi Chris,
As always it was a pleasure to have you back and it was wonderful to meet your brother this year.
We look forward to seeing you for your 5th visit next year.
Kerri & Michael

Reviewed 17 June 2017

Great fishing, terrific food and hospitality. So pleased that Clearwater could accomodate us at short notice after our trip to Vanuatu was cancelled. Tiwi's islands are remote and spectacular. Was always a Bucket List but will be back. Hard working guides with wicked sense of humour - thanks Glenn, Clinton and Koala.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Anthony O
ClearwaterLodge, Owner at Clearwater Island Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2017

Thank you very much for your great feedback. It was a great pleasure to be able to host you all on such short notice. We all look forward to having you all back.

Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

When you are sitting down and compiling you Bucket List, please ensure that Clearwater Island Lodge is one of your top 3 entries. I spent 4 days and 4 nights at the lodge an if I pass away today I will die a very very happy man. The fishing there is one of the best experiences you will ever have. When you get fishing legends like Mark Berg continually returning it really has got to be something special. The fishing guides make you feel like you are going out fishing with a good mate. In the estuaries alone we caght Barramundi, Threadfin Salmon (three different species), Mangrove Jack, Fingermark Bream, Tarpin, Estuary and Gold Spotted Cod to mention a few. Unfortunately we didn't get to experience the blue water species but there will be a next time. The accommodation is comfortable with airconditioning and fans and the facilities have everything you need. The two other major highlights apart from the fishing is the food and hospitality. Every night we were subjected to a different meal which you would think you could only get at a restaurant holding a Chef Hat or Michelin Awards. Simply the best. Our first night we were presented with a whole Barra and a Seafood Platter containing Lobsters, Mud Crabs, Prawns, Oysters Scallops. All with accompanied sauses. Wow o Wow. The hospitality is second to none. On arrival you feel like you are have arrived at a very special place. Kerri, Michael and the team not only make you feel comfortable but they make you fell like you belong there. This trip I experienced has to be the most exciting and rewarding adventure that I have ever experienced in my entire life. Dont just think about going, do it now. I will be.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Michael W
ClearwaterLodge, Owner at Clearwater Island Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2017

Wow o Wow I am totally lost for words right now. I have just sat here for over 20 minutes re reading over your awesome review of our awesome lodge and what you have had to say about us many several times as I am very grateful for your fantastic review. We look forward to seeing you all again and we hope you don't pass away before we can give you another great and very fulfilling experience with us again out on the Blue that needs to be for filled first as this was on your Bucket list also. It will be another experience we hope to honour.

Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

What a venue with fantastic hosts. At short notice, a great opportunity was organised for us.

We were lucky enough to catch plenty of fish and eat awesome food. Great climate and company.

Thank you Micheal and Kerri-Ann. We will be back soon.

Glenn

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Gallen48

A very big Thank you to you all, we are so very glad we could host you all on such short notice. Thanks goodness for Cyclones or we may never have got meet you wonderful gentlemen. We really enjoyed all your company and all the great laughs we look forward to seeing you all again in the future.

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

I had to visit Melville island for work so my company booked myself and my colleague into the Clearwater Lodge. We both fairly enjoyed our stay, there is a common area with a big dining table and a bar that has a nice homely feel, which is only added too by the friendliness of the owners. There is a small jetty to have a little fish off, a small pool, lots of animals getting around (cockatoos, chickens, horses and a very friendly dog ) The owners cook breakfast and dinner every day, I am not a seafood fan but my colleague made good use of the three course dinner! The only minor complaint we had was that the mattresses that we had in our room were fairly hard and not overly comfortable.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business