“Lovely Carvery”

The View - Brynrodyn
Ranked #7 of 21 Restaurants in Borth
Cuisines: European, Mediterranean, British, Gastropub
Reviewed 17 August 2017

Went for Sunday lunch with the family as it was the end of my holiday. The restaurant was quiet when we arrived but got busier. Two choices of meat - turkey or beef. I opted for the turkey as the beef was a bit too red for my liking. Lots of options on the vegetables - I didn't have boiled potatoes or the cauliflower cheese. Gravy was delicious. The meal was delicious and the roast potatoes were pretty good. Dessert was a bit disappointing but I still enjoyed it. Would come here again.

Brynrodyn, Owner at The View - Brynrodyn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are pleased your meal was delicious. We cook our beef medium rare but always have a supply of well cooked beef. Next time please just ask.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

We ate at The View twice last week. Firstly the obvious thing to mention is the stunning view, which can be seen from both inside the club house, or by sitting in the beer garden. The staff there are etremely friendly and couldn't have been more helpful with any questions we needed answering. The food came extremely quickly and we found the choice on the menu was plenty, I can't stand a menu which has too much choice on as it is a pain with kids to choose what they want at the best of times. My 10 year old ordered the chicken nuggets and chips from the childrens menu, which were ample for him and he loved the home made chips. Now my five year old had the same meal and he struggled to finish it, but if it didn't quite fill them the options of desserts certainly would. I had the gammon, which came with pineapple, egg, onion rings, tomato and chips- delicious and completely filled me up. My husband had the gourmet burger, lets just say he couldn't manage dessert after. On our second visit we had exactly the same friendly and prompt service and will definitely be returning again. There is a good selection of drinks as well. Second time round my husband and I had the home made lasagne with 2 pieces of garlic bread which I would definitely have again. My eldest then had the gourmet burger, which he couldn't finish. A lovely friendly atmosphere and would highly recommend.

Brynrodyn, Owner at The View - Brynrodyn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Thank you from all the staff. We all enjoy your visits See you again soon

Reviewed 8 August 2017

The views from this restaurant are stunning, even if you just go for a drink it is worth a trip.
The food not so. A very very basic menu. We had the chicken ceasar salad, bland looking, pale chicken and questionable whether any sauce on it. I've made better from a salad kit you buy at the supermarket. We had lamb and halloumi burger with chips , onion rings and a yogurt and mint sauce. Now this was really tasty, two lamb patties with halloumi inbetween on a brioche bun, the chips were proper home made chips and the crispy onion rings weren't too greasy, The child,s choice was chicken nuggets and chips this came with no salad,beans or pea choice. Again this was pretty tasty, it was devoured by the child who would have liked some more nuggets. It did look all home made.
So two out of three, not too bad. However we noticed a menu on the wall in a hallway which was very different to what we were given, well not so much different but lots of other stuff on it that was quite appealing. When I enquired about this I was told that the menu we had was the everyday menu and depending on the chef and their capability they added some of the extras off the menu in the hall.REALLY......so basically here's what you could have, if our chef could make it. Rediculous, get a more skilled chef who can cook what you want to offer.
So to sum up, fab location, average food but so much potential. This could be a goldmine if ran proper.

1  Thank Kerry H

We also love the Views and we are so pleased you enjoyed the £7.95 lamb burger chicken bites home made onion rings & fresh chips.
There is always an option to upgrade the chicken nuggets to a larger portion or ask for an additional portion of nuggets.
The chicken is fresh daily roasted in fresh sage and served on the salad. Yes it was not covered in caesar dressing, we choose to toss the salad in the dressing and serve the croutons and fresh roasted moist chicken on top. Always happy to provide additional fresh dressing all you need to do is ask.
Maybe try our halloumi or duck salad on your next visit

Reviewed 1 August 2017

Yet again back for another family meal, the food is better than ever, the quality is far above anywhere locally yet the value for money is still there. Great new menu was a nice surprise also.

My personal favourite is the homemade vegetable tikka masala, never have I had a curry so full of flavour.

My Mum loved the fact you could choose from a wide range of sides, new pots, roasted veg, mac & cheese, Dauphinoise potato and fresh triple cooked chips.

Will be back yet again very soon.

1  Thank Gareth W

Thank you we aim to provide fresh food at a reasonable price.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

Went for a graduation meal celebration, 8 of us in total, some meals were warm at best, argued whether it was in fact undercooked, that is still for debate, gluten free meals were wrongly prepared in the first instance, parts of the order missing, bacon that was described by staff as cremated, and then when we quite rightly complained some staff very offish. Would never revisit. The views from the restaurant though were glorious, looking out to the sea.

3  Thank steve w