All reviews the river floating market taxi fireflies baht bangkok boat
Reviewed 17 July 2017

Yao In Chan is delightful, especially if you want a quiet setting, beautiful accomodation and only a short trip from Bangkok. If you are looking for a lively bar culture it is not for you! We really enjoyed our stay and although the hotel only serves breakfast there is a restaurant serving delicious food right next door and both the restaurant and the hotel front onto the river. Yes the wifi wasn't working well during our stay and some staff don't speak English but they are always helpful and welcoming. We didn't have a car but they ordered a tuktuk when we wanted to go into town (less than 10 mins). We had taken a taxi from Bangkok (1500 Baht) and had arranged for the driver to pick us up a few days later - just as well as we found when we got there that the area has no taxis!
Highly recommended as a short stay for getting away from the city, the floating market is worth a visit and we enjoyed renting a boat and being taken on a temple tour up the river. As interesting as the temples were it was also great to be able observe local life along the river banks.We didn't do an evening boat trip as we could see the fireflies in the hotel garden anyway!

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2016

it's worthless 2,500B per night!
I will not stay here again because;
1. Receptionist doesn't speak English at all.
When I arrived at the gate by a taxi during heavy rain, I asked her to drop off my heavy suit cases at the gate, but she immediately told my driver to park at opposite area where no pavement and from where I and my driver had to bring them one by one in the heavy rain. She never helped us us all.
Even if she doesn't understand English, she should have known my situation!
During my 5 days staying whenever I had some question, I had no idea to communicate her.
If the guests don't speak Thai, it might cause problems for them.

2. In room wifi is too weak!
I asked the staffs many times but only way to connect the internet is only staying outside room, dinning area or around the gate. Although they told me I should do at the balcony of my room, actually it was not good idea! Despite they already know about their weak signals, they seem to do nothing about this.
As my job need connecting internet, this environment was fatal for me.

3. Here is very remote area of Amphawa, every time I should hire a tuktuk. If I walk around here, stray dogs followed me all the way!

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Peaceful, relaxing, very clean and staffs are friendly.

The location is good too, just 90 minutes from Bangkok and only 10 minutes from Amphawa floating market.

Simply perfect for staying over weekend!

Date of stay: June 2014
2  Thank ChaRin S
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights to get away from the Bangkok mob currently terrorising the city under the guise of reform action. You need a car to get there really but it is well worth the trip.

Beautiful gardens right by the river. Spacious rooms with all mod cons. Only meal is breakfast.

Lovely and helpful staff.

Very nice Thai waterfront restaurant next door.

Not far to the various floating markets in the area. Try the Mae Klong market by boat where the vendors are on land as well as boats. But it shuts before 11am.

Amphawa Floating market is only open on weekends. But well worth a visit. Hire a long tail boat for a river "cruise". It is best in the afternoon if you like lots of crowds and activity.

Date of stay: January 2014
2  Thank Johnnie1948
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stayed for three nights with our 5 month old baby and loved our stay! The husband and wife who won the property and lovely and so hospitable - they made us feel very welcome and we're extremely helpful. The staff (three ladies in particular) were amazing with my daughter and played and held her which was very useful during breakfast. The rooms were nicely decorated and very comfortable. My only comment about the bathroom was that there was no conditioner (minor point!) - the fridge was stocked with water And coke (for free). We had a room on the water and loved waking to the pond view. It is possible to see fireflies by the river - the owner helpfully pointed them out to us one evening. The pool is lovely and has lights should you wish to swim in the evening. The owner also organised for us to have massages each day we were there - for £5 for 1 hr someone came to the property - we had our massages in an outside area which was lovely! There is no restaurant on site however the owners can arrange for takeaways to be delivered which is very useful. For food we went out each evening - the amphawa trade market (inside) is ok if you want to buy cheap items however I would not recommend it for food. If you want to eat go to one of the food stalls around the outside of the market - our tuk tuk driver (who was arranged through the hotel) was amazing and took us wherever we wanted to go and even made excellent suggestions for food (eg pad Thai). He also waited for us and then collected us. We used him both nights. The amphawa floating market is worth going to - we had a great dinner in one of the restaurants and a nice boat trip through the river. Overall we loved our stay and will return - the owners are very friendly and go out of their way to help. I even came home with a bottle of the lyche drink they prepare for guests. We were also lucky enough to sample of the sons amazing cooking (he is a trained chef!) thank you for a wonderful stay!

Room tip: I would choose a room in the garden next time as I was a little concerned with Mosquitos being on the water (not that we got bitten) - also we'd have to stay in one of those next time as we have a baby who will be standing soon!
Date of stay: October 2013