“Excellent stay in great seaside location”

Mandy Studios & Appartments
Reviewed 21 September 2016

Booked 2 nights at this apartment but stayed 3 as it was so convenient. Owner is very friendly who aims to please her guests. Our room was spacious and clean with sea view and shower/toilet very clean. Breakfast was delicious with good variety including home made marmalade and home made cake. Owner served breakfast one morning and took great pride in ensuring her guests had an enjoyable stay. This is on the waterfront among several restaurants. We ate at the Cellar the first night which was good but at Papadakis on two nights as the fish was so good. Would definitely return to Mandy Apartments and would highly recommend. There was excellent internet access. There is an outdoor pool but we did not use it but it looked good!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 August 2016

I have just returned from a stay at Mandys, and I am very pleased.
Meeting the Varouchakis family made me feel like I was coming home againg. I have stayed at Stavroulas Palace earlier, but Stavroula did not have room for me this time.
She got a room at her brothers hotel, and I am very happy with the stay.
The room was nice, the view was excellent, and the breakfast was just what I needed in the moring with Soulas home made orange marmalade.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

Breakfast and air conditioning services, taken for granted as described on the main website of the facility, were actually to be bargained and paid for on the location as they were considered extras. As well as the daily tiding up of the room, often not performed if not directly solicited. Tv not working in our particular room. Overall good location and stable in good condition. Could have been way better if better handled.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2016

I stayed for 3 nights in early July with three children aged 7 to 12 at Mandys. It turned out to be a lovely little hotel, with friendly welcome and in a great location right at the seafront. We had a great time and it turned out to be very good value for money too. I had booked a 1-bed apartment and a studio and we were effectively given two 1-bed apartments side-by-side on the raised ground-floor. One of them had a very large balcony. Decor might be a little tired but we had everything we needed, including free Wifi, a nice kitchenette, even some supplies like olive oil, salt, sugar, big and clean bathrooms, comfortable beds. We were in the block behind the main hotel, across a small road, which can be a bit noisy at times with motorbikes passing by at night-time but nothing major. We had no sea view (well, we could glimpse the sea through a laneway), but it might have been a blessing in disguise as it was very windy during our stay and our rooms were a little sheltered. A small pool was located across the road and I could watch the children from my balcony. There are plenty of bars and restaurants along the seafront and it is less than 10 mins to the nice sandy part of the beach. We went on a bus tour to Elafonissi with Strata tours and explored the town, which is not as touristy as other places. The archaeological museum was very good. But what made our stay special was the warm welcome by Kostas, his mother and their staff. They couldn't do enough for their visitors. On our last day we were allowed to stay in one apartment until the afternoon and were even dropped off to the bus stop. I would definitely stay at Mandy's again.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2016

I totally recommend this hotel. I was there twice! <3 Very comfortable rooms, nice swimming pool and fantastic people works there! Good to stay with family and children :) A lot of pub and restaurant closed to hotel. Really tasty breakfast!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family