Kerkis Bay Hotel(Marathokampos)(Great Value!)
US$51
Smaragda(Marathokampos)
Alexandra Apartments(Marathokampos)
Studio Popi(Marathokampos)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbreakfast buffetspa facilitieswell equipped gympool barwifivillagevotsalakiaislandflowersbars
Reviewed 25 July 2017

We stay for one week in July 2017
Pros: 1) rooms are clean, big and well kept, 2) beds are comfortable, 3) hotel is at walking distance from supermaket, beach, restaurant and bars, 4) good breakfast buffet, 5) nice bar area, 6) very nice and helpfull staff.
Cons: 1) Bad WiFi reception, 2) Swimming pool is overcrowded by kids, 3) shower has low water pressure.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2016 via mobile

My wife and I stayed in this hotel during our 4 day visit to Samos. I'm from the Netherlands and my wife is South Korean.

First impression: I was in touch with the hotel prior to arriving as the arranged transport for us to the hotel from the airport. Very pleasant and correct in their email correspondence and everything was well arranged. Upon our arrival it took about 15 minutes to get us situated, a little longer than I would have expected, but we were provided with cold water and some candy. Staff was pleasant and full of smiles. Hotel itself is in a good location in an area with some shade providing trees and the property as a whole looked was well taken care of.

Room: We stayed in a little bungalow just outside of the main property. The bungalow was in the shade and cool on the inside. The bungalows look nice on the inside and outside and contained a toilet/shower and a kitchen area. The bungalow was thoroughly cleaned every day. Overall I was pleased, only negative points were slightly hard bed and poor WiFi. WiFi was pretty much useless and might as well have not been there at all. Network was overloaded. There were also some bugs in the bungalow such as spiders and we found a centipede. This is unavoidable in these kinds of bungalows, but my wife didn't like it.

Staff: The staff is really friendly. You have to be relaxed though. Everyone on Samos has the Greek island mentality and stuff gets done when it gets done, which might not be the same as when you want it. I had no issue with this. The staff was happy to help us arrange activities and transport. Late check-out was no problem. Service with a smile at all times!

Food: Breakfast was included. The food was decent enough, but the same every day. Would have been nice to have more variation. I think this could be a real point of improvement.

Facilities: Hotel area looks good. Everything is well taken care of. Pool area was nice. We were there at the end of the season so we had no problem finding a place to lay our towel. My wife had a positive experience with spa facilities. It's reasonable priced. Good value for money.

Location: Marathokampos is small. After a few days we were quite bored with the food. Sirena Residence is about 200m from the beach. The hotel is associated with the beach club at the beach called Tortuga. They have sunbeds, but a purchase of minimum €5 is mandatory. This was no problem for us as we enjoyed a cocktail. The beach is a stone/sand mixture beach which was nevertheless pleasant. The sea is great!

I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a quiet place to vacation on Samos!

Note that I write my reviews from my perspective. I imagine that someone else will have a different experience at Sirena Residence. Furthermore, our stay was at the end of the season.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CornelisOu
Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

-We paid 140 € for a first floor ,4 person room with view at nothing but a few olive trees .While booking we were told that all rooms have view either at the pool or sea.
-The breakfast was not the one you expect from a 4 star hotel , with almost the same dishes daily that made it boring and dull and didn't grant you the opportunity to taste traditional Greek recipes like pies , etc.There was zero variety of desserts which everyday came down to the same cake and croissants .
-The dining room could not accommodate the clients of the hotel. We would daily have to wait in order to find an available table .
- The wifi signal was extremely poor. - A big advantage of the hotel is the staff , always polite and very helpful.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank lias a
Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

Spent peaceful week with my wife. Excellent breakfast, friendly personnel and very clear room :-). The location is close enough the beach still quiet. The see from another window and the mountain from the other. We stayed in private villa maybe an old mill and really liked the privacy.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2016

We had a nice time here although it got a bit noisy with some children at times we would leave and go to a quiet beach. Very clean surroundings the beds are bit to hard and had bad sleeping nights.. our arrival was in front of a beach bar and had to wait to be taken to the hotel. The area was very quiet not many people about and not much to do to our disappointment The island is beautiful if you get car as there is no bus to see places sili amnos is a great beach to relax

Stayed: June 2016