Review Highlights
Awesome, Relaxing way to support the community & environment!

My boyfriend and I loved our visit to the Boardwalk! Really admire how the community has conserved... read more

Reviewed 13 January 2020
SmellsLikeCampfire
AN AWESOME BOARDWALK & BEAUTIFUL MANGROVE FOREST

I have visited the coral garden three times but this last time was the best. It was on high tide... read more

Reviewed 8 July 2019
Eddie M
Mombasa, Kenya

All reviews community visitors support village guide
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 July 2016

This was the last stop for our Wasini tour. Best visited near dusk to capture the sunset. The mangrove forest provides a very good background for pictures. Comfortable shoes are a must! The boardwalk was under repair when we visited and some parts required jumping over.
Get the guide to show you how to plant a mangrove. Requires a bit of tact :)

Date of experience: June 2016
Reviewed 4 April 2016

This is just a natural site with a boardwalk, but if you go to Wasini, you should definitely visit it (we went two or three times during our 4-night stay). It is unique, beautiful at sunset and when the water comes (twice a month at high tide I believe).

Date of experience: March 2016
Reviewed 14 June 2015

I would first like to say that the tour was good of the Wasini Island but i saw no dolphins and we only snorkeled for about 30 minutes. The guides on the boat were great and very knowlegable about the island. Once we reached the island for lunch we were put high on the ridge for lunch like gods while the villagers watch as we ate our first class meals of fish and crab(i paid extra for the lobster and calamari) which by the way was excellent but don't get fooled because drink are not part of the cost of the meal. Next we walked thru village and for some reason me and the rest of the visitors just really felt like were so exploited as westerners. Everywhere u went they wanted money. Finally got to the Coral garden and was told it was 250 Kenyan schilling to enter which was not the case we all paid all exclusive prices for the tour. Finally after a 5 minute conversation with the guide we entered and i will say is was really cool. After the tour of the coral gardens we were lead back to the boats and headed off. All in all it was ok but like i said i felt exploited as a westerner and seemed like the 100$ i paid that said all exclusive was not the case.

Date of experience: June 2015
Reviewed 5 June 2015

I was not expecting the Coral Gardens to be this interesting! They were really great for photos and it felt very strange walking through them. I would definitely recommend going for an hour or so. Support the women's groups selling things nearby as well, please!

Date of experience: April 2015
Reviewed 25 April 2015

like you're walking in a filmset!!!Very nice to go there just before sunset,so you have very beatyfull shadows

Date of experience: March 2015