This is really a place for divers. Not a place if you're a snorkeler or if you just want to beach it. There are better options available. The location isn't great either. You need to taxi or motor scooter any where you want to go which costs. I would have left early, but I had prepaid.
Rooms are clean, but my cleaning staff generally came late in the afternoon. One day, by 6pm they hadn't arrived, so I had to go up to the front desk and see when they would show up. The only rooms with a beach view are apartments #1 & #2. They are two bedrooms each. #2 is on the second floor and the more advisable one. The other so-called seaview rooms only have sidewise views. Sheets weren't changed, just made up.
Good WiFi up until the Dive Shop closes and then the WiFi is shut down. No house phone in the room.
The beach is small and at low tide, not very appealing. Lots of boats are moored there. I thought it would be better. Again, better to stay along Alona Beach.
Pool was small and disappointing. Not as nice as the picture on the website. No towels readily available and just 4 lounge chairs. The jacuzzi was never on.
The staff was a mixed bag. The dive guys were ok. Since I'm a snorkeler I was aloud to go out in the dive boats, but basically ignored after that. Room cleaning staff was not so good as I mentioned previously. Restaurant staff was slow. Also, when I asked to have a taxi for the following morning to go on a tour, it never arrived. I suspect it was never ordered. If wasn't for a friend staying at the Henan, I would have missed my tour. She had the Henan pick me up.
Food was good, but you have to order your dinner at least hour in advance. The menu is put up around 3 in there afternoon and you let them know what you want and what time you want to eat. Very inconvenient. Service stops at 8. The hotel is far away from anything, so going somewhere else to eat isn't realistic.
The mosquitos and sand flies are extremely bad. Nothing seems to prevent them from attacking.
Well, this was disappointing too. I mainly came to Bohol to snorkel Ballcasag Island and see the Whale Sharks in Oslob. I was led to believe that the resort offered trips to Oslob, but they didn't. I had to book an outside tour. The resort did offer a trip to Ballcasag Island, but it was geared more for divers. The boat stopped quite a ways from the beach and if you weren't a confident swimmer or snorkeler, then you wouldn't go in the water. Big disappointment.
If you're a diver, this might be the place for you. Otherwise, not so great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bohol Sea Resort is located directly on the naturally kept beach of Danao on Panglao Island, Bohol, one of the most beautiful islands of the Philippines. The famous Alona Beach is 2 kilometers (20 minutes walking or 3 minutes by motorbike) away. Great dive sites are starting just in front of the resort. Our paradise dive & holiday resort is furnished to best European standards and offers 20 elegant rooms and bungalows in different categories. Each accommodation has its own bathroom with shower, a terrace and free Wifi. The higher standard rooms also include television, minibar and air-conditioning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Bohol Sea Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bohol Sea Hotel Panglao Island
- Bohol Sea Resort Panglao Island, Bohol Province